Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rcrowle: Just noticed you said PVDV9, Try 8 it known to work in MP. Can anyone confirm 9? Can you fill up your system spec in your profile and enable "show System Specs". Are you running vista or XP? If you're running XP make sure you use VRM9 but for vista you must use EVR.

H@Paraogon: Have you completed the hybrid config in TVServer, Virtual cards etc?

paragon

April 1, 2009
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi - I can confirm PDVD9 works very nicely here, the demo anyway. I have completed the hybrid setup (I set up two hybrid groups with one digital and analog tuner each), virtual cards isn't ringing any bells so I'll look into it, thanks.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah that sounds right. I dunno where I got virtual card from! It can be a bit trick because each group should contain an analog and a digital but on the hardware side the 2 are associated with each other so it's possible to get it mixed up.

You want your groups to look like this:

Group 1
    Tuner1Analog
    Tuner1Digital

Group 2
    Tuner2Analog
    Tuner2Digital

You wouldn't want to end up like this:

Group 1
    Tuner1Analog
    Tuner2Digital

Group 2
    Tuner2Analog
    Tuner1Digital

Looking at the device IDs in the database might help to confirm that they are matched correctly. One of these days I'll submit a patch that has something in the TVServer interface to help you match them up.

In the good old days a hybrid card just had analog and digital. But with the HVR-2200 you've essentially got 2 hybrid cards with exactly the same name in the interface.

riddlesnz

Portal Member
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi rcrowle. I had a similar problem with my 9400gt and Nova T 500 on xp. I found that upgrading to the full version of PDVD Ultra fixed the problem. Unsure if you are running a demo version or not, but the demo didn't seem to work for me. Before getting the hardware decoding sorted I had about 80-90% cpu, now about 2% and perfect picture.

Riddles

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys

just a quick question (I've searched the net and haven't really found an answer) - my HTPC won't Hibernate :rolleyes: I've always left it on 24/7 mainly due to issues I used to have with MP 0.2.3.0 but MP 1 is fine. When I replaced my PSU recently I figured there's no reason for it to be chugging away when it's not being used, so I tried hibernating it - no luck though - it powers down then restarts straight away (just as if I'd hit "restart" not hibernate)

Specs are on the left there - but basically XP MCE, + all updates (as of about 2 months ago anyway)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Quick update for those of you that took the time to give me suggestions regarding my start up issues a few pages back; I'm still having them :rolleyes: - I've made a few of the changes suggested but no joy yet, I'll keep working on it...

paragon

April 1, 2009
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mcraenz, I was attempting to get some logs demonstrating the analog input not working, and just noticed that the error log is telling me "TvLibrary.TvException: Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)"

So I'll head off to find that somewhere and then we might be on the way!

Cheers,

Julian.

Phatbloke

Portal Member
    December 14, 2005
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Just wondering the status of comskip. How long does it take to run a standard 30min show? I am thinking of donating but just interested how it works with H264 currently or should I wait a bit longer?

Cheers

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How long does it take to run a standard 30min show?
    I hope I'm wrong but I suspect it takes an unreasonably long time on even a half decent system.

Works very well on SD mpeg2 :)

Phatbloke

Portal Member
    December 14, 2005
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I read originally it took ages but in the changelog it says H264 has been speed up 5 times or more.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh ok cool. Would be nice if it could use the GPU. I think the NVIDIA cards can do 2 h.264 streams at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom