Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
nzkc create a batch file with the following

net stop input service
net start input service

use mpstandby handler to run this batch file after resuming from standby and see if that helps

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Remember Aspect Ratio per channel

I upgraded to 1.0.1 when it was released but had to go back to 1.0 for a few reasons. Some serious due to my dual DVB-T/analogue tuner which caused untold problems with the tuner being locked permanently when trying to watch Prime analog. This will be apparently be fixed for 1.0.2, but one minor issue I had was the aspect ratio of channels not being permanently saved. I may have installed a plugin for this function, but I don't remember it. In 1.0 I am able to set a couple of 4:3 channels to Zoom, and these will automatically Zoom next time I select the channel, but after the upgraded, it goes back to Normal for every channel when changing channels.

Any ideas?

Also, I lost all the scheduled recordings after the upgrade, which isn't the end of the world, but it was handy to have some old TV series in the list which are not currently on-air, but will be later in the year. It will ensure I don't miss them. Did everyone else lose their scheduled recordings?

Cheers,
    Ross.

nzkc

Portal Member
    June 9, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @nzkc create a batch file with the following

net stop input service
    net start input service

use mpstandby handler to run this batch file after resuming from standby and see if that helps

Nope. That didn't work either.

Any other ideas anyone?

shacknasty

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can anyone think of a reason why my tvnz dvb-t streams are really bad at the moment. tv3 and 4 are ok but 1 and 2 are all fragmented and jumpy.

1 and 2 have been getting progressively worse but now are unwatchable. drive is completely defragged and i dont think thats the problem since tv3 works fine.

j

shacknasty

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah i thought about that but it should have only affected dvb-s. plus i would have expected other people to be having the same problems.

tv3 is actually a bit dodgy now too. little glitches every couple of minutes or so, but watchable.

another thing is that the recordings of tvnz are broken too, so its not just an issue with streaming to the clients.

ill try a complete rebuild with 1.0.1 or whatever is the latest soon, although im hoping the upgrade works well 'cause i dont want to lose my tvseries, moving pictures db's, watched status' etc.

could it be a database issue on the tvserver at all? surely it cant be bandwidth or bitrate related since tv3 is working better than tvnz.

thanks

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've had the same problem recently here in Tauranga. I think it is related to reception issues. I have a TV spillter on the roof which will be reducing the signal a little, but it use to be fine, and it is a high gain antenna with line of sight of the TX.

What is odd is I can adjust the position of the coax from the wall to my tv card and one mux works well and another doesn't. I change position of the coax and the reverse is true.

I also watch Prime analog and moving the coax around affects the picture quite a bit. I think it may be some interference from the HTPC. If I move it to the best picture for Prime, which is very good, I can't watch any TVNZ channel as it stutters like crazy.

I noticed when TV3 PLUS1 started that TV3 suddently had minor issues that were not there before. Moving the coax seems to have rectified it.

Obviously, the more data they try to squeeze into the bandwidth, the better the reception needs to be. But I don't think the TVNZ mux has anything else on it than it did a few months ago, does it?

It's almost as if the transmitter power has been reduced.

Ross.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What is odd is I can adjust the position of the coax from the wall to my tv card and one mux works well and another doesn't. I change position of the coax and the reverse is true.

Cheap cable\connectors, that just should not happen.

:sorry:

sylvester1

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, a windy day here moved my coax and suddenly reception went to poo. I tried a new install, but when I discovered it was the coax, I had the aerial moved (a bit higher up) and new cabling put in. Much more reliable now but the poor weather over the last week has degraded things a bit. I wish I was back in Wellington where I could see the transmitter from my living room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom