Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

evolution2

Portal Pro
February 7, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy
Try going into tvserver config, edit your channels and there you can set the audio input channel. Hope you understand what i mean. "

Bingo mate that was it. The audio source was saying tuner for every channel I had setup from my STB through the analog input, I changed them all to automatic and all works great

Thanks
Brendon

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
surround sound

Hey guys quick question :)
Do any of you get surround sound from a DVB-T feed on Freeview. If so what audio codec do you use. I understand that some of the broadcasts are surround sound but never seem to have any more than stereo

I can confirm that the following works perfectly for me...

I have mySKY HD connected to a HDFURY2 via HDMI cable, and the Fury connected to the HD-PVR via component cables - sound is a direct optic from sky box to hd-pvr.

MediaPortal 1.0.1 happily brings up full Sky HD 720/1080i.... Like a charm.

The MCE Replacement plugin changes the mysky Box perfectly via MCE blasters - unbeliveably well...

This combined with freeview DVB-t card and it all just works... Using Arcsoft decoders.....

Now have HD flowing across Ethernet 100mb to two HD TV's......

If any one needs a hand or questions just shout....

My utopia has been reached for now.... Have even added a freenas which is a god send.....

Cheers

Phil

WARNING Don't change ANYTHING now then!!!:D:D

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just received this via Email
    Hi Guys,

I'm new here, but was advised to sign up by Lars at the Freeviewshop to tell you about my petition to get Sky TV to put Prime on FreeView.

I set up the petition less than 24 hours ago and already well over 100 people have signed it. I think if we all get behind this, we have a real chance of bending Sky's ear.

If you think you'd like to support this idea, you are welcome to sign the petition here.

If you'd like to share this with friends and family, the link is Prime TV on FreeView Petition

I'm committed to getting support for this any way possible and will personally be seeing this through, even if it means actually knocking on Sky's door myself.

Best regards,
    Bill Ruys.

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hey guys quick question :)
    Do any of you get surround sound from a DVB-T feed on Freeview. If so what audio codec do you use. I understand that some of the broadcasts are surround sound but never seem to have any more than stereo

I use AC3Filter. It seems to work quite well outputting SPDIF via optical to my receiver.

Ensure that, when on TV3, you right click to change the audio to AC3. Otherwise you will only get Stereo for surround sound broadcasts.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV Thumbnails

Hi
    I can get recorded tv thumbnails from Prime when recorded via my PVR-150. However Ive never had a thumbnail generated from any DVB-T channel (One, two, three specifically - never tried the others). Has anyone got this working?
    Cheers

philhend

Portal Member
    August 15, 2007
    Total agree with AC3Filter - use Ac3filter over HDMI - once the TV is up you can use the filter icon in the taskbar to see the actual input/output by channel - you can also change the output type you want as well....

bgbailey

Portal Member
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    I have got freeview satellite channels tuned in through a Haupauge NOVA S card and have my SKY set top box connected to a Haupauge PVR-150
    Hi Brendon,

I'm looking at getting a dual tuner... I thought the Nova S would do that? Isn't it satellite and analog capable?
    Or does one work and not the other at the same time?

Cheers
    Bernard

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah would think so but i never bothered as i have a client pc in bedroom and if you had both things in one card would only be able to watch one channel at a time
    With the extra card i am able to many channels at a time depending on satellite transponders

Brendon

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    I have got freeview satellite channels tuned in through a Haupauge NOVA S card and have my SKY set top box connected to a Haupauge PVR-150
    Hi Brendon,

I'm looking at getting a dual tuner... I thought the Nova S would do that? Isn't it satellite and analog capable?
    Or does one work and not the other at the same time?

Cheers
    Bernard

I wouldn't be surprised if you coulduse both at the same time but be warned I think the analog on the NOVA-S is software only, making it basically useless! PVR-150 is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom