Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Petition for Prime on FreeView

I for one have Freeview HD and a fuzzy reception for Prime analog, so we don't watch Prime very often due to the poor picture. It is in their and our best interests to do this as soon as possible.

Petition for Prime on FreeView

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys quick question :)
    Do any of you get surround sound from a DVB-T feed on Freeview. If so what audio codec do you use. I understand that some of the broadcasts are surround sound but never seem to have any more than stereo

I use AC3Filter. It seems to work quite well outputting SPDIF via optical to my receiver.

Ensure that, when on TV3, you right click to change the audio to AC3. Otherwise you will only get Stereo for surround sound broadcasts.

thanks for that

Total agree with AC3Filter - use Ac3filter over HDMI - once the TV is up you can use the filter icon in the taskbar to see the actual input/output by channel - you can also change the output type you want as well....
    and thanks again!:D

I have changed this to "use AC3 if possible" in TV audio setup.
    Works well in TV3 but for other channels the sound (in stereo as expected) if very soft. If I change from 2 to 3 and forget this then will wake up the kids with my awesome 5.1 sound system!:eek: (not good for the all important wife acceptance factor!)
    I use the MPA audio decoder
    Any other ideas or is this it in NZ with freeview for now?:(
    Neville

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why can't you use the MPA decoder for ac3? Hasn't it got options to pass the ac3 though to the receiver via SPDIF? Probably the got the same loudness problem though I guess.

ireshine

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV3 PLUS 1 resolution?

Just want to know which is the right resolution for TV3PLUS1
    I`m trying to convert it without losing to much of the quality.

this what handbrake reads the resolution at 720x576 (think thats 4:3)
    mapglaabd.jpg

and this is the video resolution through VLC 1047x576
    mapgkaabd.jpg

^ also how do make these thumbnails smaller ^

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV3 PLUS1 is Standard Definition (SD 720x576) widescreen 16:9. Same as C4, Maori, TVNZ6, TVNZ7, etc.

They use rectangular pixels rather than square to make widescreen images.

Ross.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Works well in TV3 but for other channels the sound (in stereo as expected) if very soft. If I change from 2 to 3 and forget this then will wake up the kids with my awesome 5.1 sound system!:eek: (not good for the all important wife acceptance factor!)
    Neville

There is an mediaportal addon which allows you to set a seperate relative volume for each channel, this will solve your loudness problem.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Neville

There is an mediaportal addon which allows you to set a seperate relative volume for each channel, this will solve your loudness problem.

Any idea what its called - I don't see it in the pluggins section. But the solution sounds good
    Neville

Why can't you use the MPA decoder for ac3? Hasn't it got options to pass the ac3 though to the receiver via SPDIF? Probably the got the same loudness problem though I guess.

Exactly. Tick the box in config does the trick, just the volume issue....
    Neville

Ignore that! I found MyVolume control at

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,1376/

just not listed in the plugging page that I could see......

nzkc

Portal Member
    June 9, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Fellow Kiwis,

I know cross posting is generally bad forum netiquette but I've had zero responses (although almost 150 views) for my problem on the MCE Replacement Plugin forum.

Hoping someone in NZ has come across and managed to solve my particular issue.

In short I'm using the TV Blaster portion of IR Server Suite (1.4.2) to blast to my Sky decoder. Unfortunately this stops working once the PC has been to sleep (S3) and resumed from sleep. Much more details are here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-replacement-plugin-165/yet-another-resume-standby-problem-58204/

If you've had something similar I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look.

Cheers
    nzkc.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am back

Hey guys

Last time I was here as a user of media portal this thread was on about page 28 or so but I have come back to media portal

I have a question for you guys that may only relate to NZ which you may have solved.

Teletext is only available here via analogue, now when watching tv I want to use my sat tuners as a priority but that means no teletext when viewing tv

A work around atm is changing to prime to view teletext but this fails the WAF factor.

So do you guys have any idea how I could force teletext to always call the analogue tuner?

Edit: Prime work around doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom