Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

xmamx

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Anybody else having issues with freeviewNZ-EPG-GBPVR.exe -mediaportal putting the time out by +12 hours in the epg. I updated to the new version and now my epg is stuffed up. Has anybody seen this issue and if so have they managed to fix it.

Cheers,
Xmamx

ireshine

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I also had this problem "freeviewNZ-EPG-GBPVR.exe being 12hours ahead of time"
Unfortunately I didn't find a solution to this problem, cuz i was busy upgrade my HTPC and decide to re-install vista anyway and now the time on EPG is correct.

all I can suggest,

check your time zone is +12GMT (Auckland,Wellington)
or "clean" uninstall mediaportal & server and re-install mediaportal

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
if your time is out by 12 hours for every show, you can always go to the xmltv settings within the tvservice config and offset your xmltv by 12 hours.

xmamx

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Epg offset by +12 hours

Thanks for you help guys, i checked for an offset in the xmltv config and there is an option in there: Apply time compensation when loading tvguide.xml. I unchecked this box and updated my epg and now it is all fine. It must have selected itself when i upgraded MP to the new versoin. Yay :D :D

martyyn

Portal Pro
November 5, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
Chaps,

Im recording some of the rugby tonight for a friend who has just moved to the States. Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions on the best way to shrink the resulting file before he downloads it from me ?

Im pretty sure there must be something I can do with it.

Cheers
Martyn

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is anyone else having problems with the thumbnail creation in ForTheRecord with all channels except TV3? I've been doing a bit of playing around with mtn.exe (the thumbnail creator app that 4TR uses) and it seems like it's not calculating the video length correctly which is causing the blank thumbnails for me. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is anyone else having problems with the thumbnail creation in ForTheRecord with all channels except TV3? I've been doing a bit of playing around with mtn.exe (the thumbnail creator app that 4TR uses) and it seems like it's not calculating the video length correctly which is causing the blank thumbnails for me. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

It's working fine for me. Saw your post on the 4TR forum - I take it you're using 1.4 Beta4? I'm going to install MP 1.0.2 & 4TR 1.4Beta4 tomorrow so I'll let you know if I have the thumbnail problem once I've done a few recordings.

EDIT:
    ...Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions on the best way to shrink the resulting file...

I've used VideoRedo to chop out commercials and then save into Mpeg format (I think, it's been ages since I've done it). It's really easy to use and the resulting file size was much smaller than the original recording. That was for DVB-S recordings - don't know what you can do/use if you're recording in HD though...

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's working fine for me. Saw your post on the 4TR forum - I take it you're using 1.4 Beta4? I'm going to install MP 1.0.2 & 4TR 1.4Beta4 tomorrow so I'll let you know if I have the thumbnail problem once I've done a few recordings.

Thanks Bleazle, it'll be a big help to know if other people are having the same problem. Yes I'm running 1.4B4 on MP 1.0.1 (I'm going to try the upgrade tomorrow too). I've been testing with Cold Case on one, Friends on TV2 and CSI: Miami on TV3 (which works correctly).

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Thanks Bleazle, I found the other posts referring to Handbrake and gave that a go and it seemed pretty good. The proof will be how good it is once I get it to my friend in the US.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all,

Just did the 1.02 upgrade, went smoothely. I did have to run TVserver config and manually log on to start TVserver, but once I did that everything fired up fine.

For some time now (a couple of upgrades back) I have not been able to view TV3 Digital properly. Works fine on my Analog card and also TV3plus1. all other digital channels are fine too. What is happening is that the sound and picture are always out of synch. I dont mean just by a split second either, like I am meaning really out of synch, you can see the lips moving of the person who spoke before hand. Any ideas appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom