Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@ meesham

OK, I've upgraded to MP 1.0.2 and my ForTheRecord install. I didn't get around to trying out FTR 1.4 Beta4 so I installed FTR 1.4RC today (the third release of it..) and then set MP to record TV1, TV2, TV3, C4, Prime, TVNZ6 & TVNZ7 all at once ("My Sky" - what's that? :D ). Everything recorded with thumbs created as usual. Maybe 1.4RC will fix the problems you're having?

Bleazle

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ meesham

OK, I've upgraded to MP 1.0.2 and my ForTheRecord install. I didn't get around to trying out FTR 1.4 Beta4 so I installed FTR 1.4RC today (the third release of it..) and then set MP to record TV1, TV2, TV3, C4, Prime, TVNZ6 & TVNZ7 all at once ("My Sky" - what's that? :D ). Everything recorded with thumbs created as usual. Maybe 1.4RC will fix the problems you're having?

Bleazle

Thanks for following up on that Bleazle, sounds like something strange going on with my HTPC. It's started doing another strange thing, it stops playing recorded video after 20-25 seconds now - does it with both 4TR 1.4 beta4 and RC (my ripped DVDs work fine in Video, Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries). I'm going to upgrade to MP 1.0.2 tonight, see if that makes any difference. This is a new HTPC, I only built it 3 weeks ago - I didn't have this many problems with my previous one :) I'm going to turn on full debugging tonight and try to figure out what's going on.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all,

Just did the 1.02 upgrade, went smoothely. I did have to run TVserver config and manually log on to start TVserver, but once I did that everything fired up fine.

For some time now (a couple of upgrades back) I have not been able to view TV3 Digital properly. Works fine on my Analog card and also TV3plus1. all other digital channels are fine too. What is happening is that the sound and picture are always out of synch. I dont mean just by a split second either, like I am meaning really out of synch, you can see the lips moving of the person who spoke before hand. Any ideas appreciated.

I have the same problem 1080i TV3 has horrible stutter post install of MP 1.0.2. If you press shift+! you'll see the frame rate is much lower than what is expected (VRM9). I had no problems with MP 1.0 Final, i think changes in MP 1.0.1 introduce problems with deinterlacing 1080i live tv using .ts reader. There are some other posts about it to. I suggest you create a fresh log file and post it along with my logs in the bug reports sub forum for MP 1.0.1 / 1.0.2

Other channels seems fine.

My specs are : AMD 4200+ / 2GB / HD3200 / XP SP3 / MP 1.0.2 / ATI 8.12 / PDVD8 2217aU Codec / 1920x1080 50Hz display (HDMI)

EDIT: I am using DVB-T on HVR2200. SAF doesn't work with H264 encoded HDTV.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    on my upgrade to 1.0.2 I had to uninstall the tv server and reinstall it, once that happened a lot of my niggly issues seemed fixed.

My hardware is similar to yours but I am using vista, for your digital are you dvb-s or -t, I am -s and i don't seem to have any issues atm although i recently installed the standalone filters package that I found on here somewhere are things seem to work well, gives a few more options as far as decoders go, I think it was called SAF

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    on my upgrade to 1.0.2 I had to uninstall the tv server and reinstall it, once that happened a lot of my niggly issues seemed fixed.

My hardware is similar to yours but I am using vista, for your digital are you dvb-s or -t, I am -s and i don't seem to have any issues atm although i recently installed the standalone filters package that I found on here somewhere are things seem to work well, gives a few more options as far as decoders go, I think it was called SAF

I am using DVB-T. My digital tuner card is a Haupage Win Nova T 500, its a dual tuner. I do actually have other issues with that, I have never resolved, possibly my ariel is not good enough or the wrong sort. I returned the card to the supplier when I first got it saying it would not work on both tuners, but it was tested by them and I was assured it did in fact work on both. It has always only however successfully scanned all the channels on its second tuner in tv server config, but when MP is running it does allow me to record some channels at the same time but not all of them.

As far as codecs are concerned I have Power Cinema which came with my card installed which gives me from memory the h.264 codec. I also have a package called k-lite codecs which lets me play some videos that would not play.

I will try and reinstall TV server tommorrow and see if it changes anything. I will also see if I can do what the other person here suggested about posting log files if I can figure out how to do that :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am using DVB-T. My digital tuner card is a Haupage Win Nova T 500, its a dual tuner. I do actually have other issues with that, I have never resolved, possibly my ariel is not good enough or the wrong sort. I returned the card to the supplier when I first got it saying it would not work on both tuners, but it was tested by them and I was assured it did in fact work on both. It has always only however successfully scanned all the channels on its second tuner in tv server config, but when MP is running it does allow me to record some channels at the same time but not all of them.

As far as codecs are concerned I have Power Cinema which came with my card installed which gives me from memory the h.264 codec. I also have a package called k-lite codecs which lets me play some videos that would not play.

Have you mapped the scanned channels from tuner #2 into tuner #1?
    TV-Server/Configuration/TVChannels/Mapping - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Mediaportal can use 1x tuner to record two channels on the same mux. TV3 & C4 are on the same mux, TV1 & TV3 are on different muxes.

If you can record TV3+C4 at the same time, but can't record TV1+TV3 then only one tuner is functioning and the other is not currently working/active/correctly setup.

Yes powercinema comes with an h264 codec. If your using a video card that does dxva (hardware acceleration) then you will miss out on dxva using that codec combination.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Have you mapped the scanned channels from tuner #2 into tuner #1?
    TV-Server/Configuration/TVChannels/Mapping - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Mediaportal can use 1x tuner to record two channels on the same mux. TV3 & C4 are on the same mux, TV1 & TV3 are on different muxes.

If you can record TV3+C4 at the same time, but can't record TV1+TV3 then only one tuner is functioning and the other is not currently working/active/correctly setup.

Yes powercinema comes with an h264 codec. If your using a video card that does dxva (hardware acceleration) then you will miss out on dxva using that codec combination.

As far as I can tell I have mapped the channels correctly. ie all the channels appear once each in the list on the right hand box for tuner one and all the same channels appear once each for tuner two.

Yes I am able to record TV3+C4 at the same time, but can't record TV1+TV3 at the same time and never have been able to as far as I can recall. Its not just in MP either. When I scan for channels in Power Cinema it only finds a couple of channels on tuner one also and they dont even work properly, but tuner two scans an plays fine.

I still suspect the ariel, but dont want to buy a new one until I know for sure that it is not good enough. It is pointed straight at the Sugar Loaf transmitter although there are some tree branches on a neighboring property preventing a direct line of sight. Fact is that I get Prime, The Racing channel, and Canterbury TV just fine on my analogue card. In MP when I look at tuning details on any digital channels the signal quality is reported as 100 and the strength is usually between 51 and 54.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems strange that one tuner works well, to me this would suggest to me that the signal is not the issue

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds more likely you have the TD500, are there 2 aerial inputs, not one as the T500, in a weak signal area these will combine to allow only one tuner, so the other is disabled.

Regards

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds more likely you have the TD500, are there 2 aerial inputs, not one as the T500, in a weak signal area these will combine to allow only one tuner, so the other is disabled.

Regards

No it only has the one aerial input, it is definitely a Hauppauge WinTV Nova -T-500 HD card. I still have the box it came in and windowsXP also reports it as a Nova-DT Duel DVB-T tuner (+IR)

I have bookmarked the log posting site and will run it tommorrow, too busy recording stuff at the moment :) I almost always only ever watch recorded TV as I hate adds, I just LOVE MP's ability to skip 4 minutes of adds in one button press :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom