Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) | Page 278

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by TVKiwi, July 11, 2005.

1. Omen

Omen Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    heh i mentioned dkxml way back in page 190 here

back then most people were catching skys epg through dvb-s and changing priorities to ensure a smooth experience.

i've not bothered to go back to that since djkxml has been working fine for me for 2 years now, though with the new influx of users i imagine more services will get shut down or face similar problems to those reven is currently dealing with.

my question is, is the sky sattelite epg still unencrypted? If so it seems it'll be the most future proof solution.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reg

Reg Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't know why sky object to such things, guides are just really adds for what's on. Why should people have to pay to watch adds?

4. thesystemera

thesystemera Portal Pro

Audio Engineer, Media Guru
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey is djkxml crashing on any one, I"ve not been able to update my EPG on my system for quite a few days now, funny thing is that it is not happening on my Windows 7 based system on not my trusty Windows Vista 32Bit system... It gets about eight lines down on the "Downloading Page" section and then that's it...

5. captcol

captcol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again guys,

Well I have just transfered over to djxml after rebuilding the media centre with win7 and deleting my reven info by mistake .... bugger

anyways, got djxml working alright, but I am missing a few channels, cue, te reo and parliment. I am getting the sbs channels from dvb-s and that seems to be working alright. So any ideas how to add those channels to djxml, I tried to find a support thread at gbpvr but no dice.

An interesting aside, my mp config now crashes when ever I try to open it, doesn't make me happy I have running the latest release candidate openly available, any ideas?

I am off to hunt the forums

CHeers

6. mcraenz
    • Premium Supporter

mcraenz MP Donator

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Omen: Still unencrypted. I think there may be a technical reason why it can't be encrypted . Maybe something to do with DVB standard/protocol?

7. captcol

captcol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mcraenz,

The only way I have seen to use the sky epg is to have a analogue card as well and match the channels, it was awhile ago I looked at this, is this still true?

8. Omen

Omen Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i don't see why you'd need an analogue card, if memory serves me well you can do it with a sattelite card and a terrestrial card, it was just a matter of priorities.

9. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I think you might have that the wrong way around. In my case (when Prime was still analogue) I used the DVB-S card to get the EPG then combined it with the signal from the analogue card and set the DVB-S card to "EPG only" for Prime so that TVServer didn't try to use it to record Prime.

----> so couldn't you do the same with a DVB-T setup? i.e. install a DVB-S card and use it for the EGP? This is what I'd like to do (if it's possible) when I get around to building an HD HTPC because relying on other sources such as Reven that, as we've already seen can be "curtailed" worries me a bit - after all, what is an HTPC if it doesn't have an EPG?

Bleazle

10. thekiwi
    • Premium Supporter

thekiwi MP Donator

IT Consultant
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Yup agree, that was my thoughts and must admit was somewhat confused by your posting captcol.
    You have a Satellite dish already I presume from your quote:
    So why not get all of your channels from DVB-S?

11. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I forgot to mention, BleazleWide V8.1 has been released (only posting here because I know some of you are/were using previous versions). As well as fanart support the new version also features a weather backdrop (as an optional add on) which changes to suit the current weather, because looking out the window to see if the sun is shining is so last century :p

Coming to you from Pukekohe :D : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bleazle-311/bleazlewide-v8-1-a-75150/

Dave

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!