Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
:sorry:

I think it was something I read in the nz wiki pages, but that may have been to get epg for prime before it went dvb.

So to back track, I can just use dvbs to get all epg, do I need to use the sky channels as epg only and map them to the freeview channels, only a couple that I am missing using djxml, but maybe straight dvb-s would be a better idea.

How many days does the sky epg give and does it cache in the background ie how long before tv on till data from a clean slate, I guess if using daily you wouldn't notice once it is up and running

After having reven working seemlessly for ages not having a sweet epg has become a stress point in our house.

Bleazle
I am dloading it now, read through the instructions post - you have added a lot of functionality its a pity I haven't been able to find weather info for Whakatane, only Rotorua and Tauranga

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Everything up and running, I wasn't allowing enough time for dvb-s to populate the epg, got bleazle wide up and running.

Does anyone have any links to suitable sites for the weather plugin, I can pull weather for tauranga or Rotovegas but no images or additional data.

Cheers

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Guys
    An EPG Solution is now available using the transmitted MHEG5 Data (as well as EIT). It supports DVB-T and DVB-S. SJB over at geekzone has developed an app to do this. Its still in 'beta' as such and requires feedback and testing.
    MHEG5 EPG Data grabber

EPG Collector | Get EPG Collector at SourceForge.net

Do you know if the MHEG provides more EPG information? eg Series and Episode info would be brilliant then My TV Series wouldnt need the file manually edited all the time.

sjb

Portal Member
    April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's a copy of a post I've just made over on Geekzone

Series and episode data has been available for a few weeks now. EPG Collector gets it from the broadcast data but doesn't output to the file because I wasn't sure it could be used.

The data is in the form of TV Anytime reference numbers eg FlashForward has a series reference that is 'crid://tvnz.co.nz/1008270'. The episode reference has a similar format but increases by 1 each week. The repeats shown on Saturday night have the same episode reference as the preceeding Wednesday.

The XMLTV spec has a tag for this sort of data but can you make use of reference numbers in the 'crid' format? It's only a small change to output these references.

Steve

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's a copy of a post I've just made over on Geekzone

Series and episode data has been available for a few weeks now. EPG Collector gets it from the broadcast data but doesn't output to the file because I wasn't sure it could be used.

The data is in the form of TV Anytime reference numbers eg FlashForward has a series reference that is 'crid://tvnz.co.nz/1008270'. The episode reference has a similar format but increases by 1 each week. The repeats shown on Saturday night have the same episode reference as the preceeding Wednesday.

The XMLTV spec has a tag for this sort of data but can you make use of reference numbers in the 'crid' format? It's only a small change to output these references.

Steve

Has anyone else tried this?

I feel this would be a great replacement for the Satellite EPG if it provides more information, but at the moment it doesnt run on my TV-Server. Im running multi-seat and apparently according to SBJ its failing at the accessing of the MPEG2 demux filter.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,

I've just updated to RC2 and may have found a bug in the channel set-up but just wanted to check and see if anyone else had the same issue before I report it in case I'm doing something stupid.

I've scanned in the new C42 channel on DVB-S and DVB-T. Combined the channels, and set the DVB-S for EPG grabbing only. (This is how I have most of my channels set-up)

However I now have two C42's showing up in the channel list and deleting one gets rid of them both! I don't have similar issues with the channels I'd previously set-up.

Anyone else found the same thing?

Cheers

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone use an HVR-1200 TV tuner for DVD-T?

I picked one up (without doing much research) to supplement a NOVA-T 500. Currently it errors attempting to switch to any channels assigned to it. It's PCI-e and has DBA drivers installed with MP 1.0.2 on XP SP3. Just wondering if others have had experience with this card and whether I should persevere of give up now?
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom