Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Dale,

Can you recommend anywhere too buy this card in CHCH (Dove?) and how much do they cost?

Also, i take it that the analogue co axial aerial is the connection i require and the card will do the rest.

Sorry if i am way off, very new to this.

HVR2200 (PCI-E)
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2200 - Find the lowest price, product reviews and information about TV cards
    Recommend trying urcomputer in christchurch, or buy online from computerlongue

NOVA-T-500-HD (PCI)
    Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T 500-HD - Find the lowest price, product reviews and information about TV cards
    Recommend buy online from computerlongue

Don't forget that one card is PCI the other is PCI-E so don't buy the wrong card for the wrong slot

stevied20

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2010
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Neville,

Thanks for that info, my analogue Prime is mint through the roof aerial so i will put an f type connector on the end and get that card and i will be away.

Could you tell me how much roughly they cost??

Steve

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The TV card has the same connector as your regular television aerial connector, I'm not sure if this is F-connector or Belling-Lee connector (But I think it is the later). Your aerial cable presumably already has the relevant connector already attached, so I'd be very suprised if you have to modify your cable at all.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just trying to watch live TV... Yeah it just freezes... Have not tried recorded TV.... Only on TV3

I have no problem with live TV at all, apart from the long delay before it starts playing. But I still cant get Campbell live to play back any picture in MP after it has been recorded.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Neville,

Thanks for that info, my analogue Prime is mint through the roof aerial so i will put an f type connector on the end and get that card and i will be away.

Could you tell me how much roughly they cost??

Steve

I did not even have to do that - buy the card first
    145 at PB tech in Hamilton gave me a remote, "remote eye", card and cyberlink powercinima as well as the two tuner card.

PB Tech LTD. Hamilton

good luck:D

blaloli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Dale,

Can you recommend anywhere too buy this card in CHCH (Dove?) and how much do they cost?

Also, i take it that the analogue co axial aerial is the connection i require and the card will do the rest.

Hi There, Just a word of warning to you about the Hauppauge Nova TD-500 and Windows7 (in case you don't already know). This card may have a driver issue that can cause pixelation and artefacts - ask thesystemera :) I am still having issues with it and I have tried all sorts of configurations. No issues on Vista / XP - just Win7

Here is the thread about it on the Hauppauge forum

Beta Nova-TD 500 Driver - Fix poor signal quality in Windows 7 MCE 64-bit - Hauppauge UK Forum (User -> User Support)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey has anyone got a complete logo set with all the DVB-S and DVB-T channels?

I would like to update the logos on here they seem to be missing some channels, will also submit it to the streamedmp skin guys..

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Dale,

Hi There, Just a word of warning to you about the Hauppauge Nova TD-500 and Windows7 (in case you don't already know). This card may have a driver issue that can cause pixelation and artefacts - ask thesystemera :) I am still having issues with it and I have tried all sorts of configurations. No issues on Vista / XP - just Win7

Here is the thread about it on the Hauppauge forum

Beta Nova-TD 500 Driver - Fix poor signal quality in Windows 7 MCE 64-bit - Hauppauge UK Forum (User -> User Support)

So this Nova TD-500 card I assume is different from the Nova card I have had a couple of years, mine just has Nova T-500 HD written on the box it came in?

And more importantly does this driver problem apply to my card as well?

Fact is I have never been able to get my Nova T-500 to work on both tuners on my computer at my house. I have always assumed it was because of a poor signal and I just never got around to getting a new aerial.

Recently however, I added a PCIe card ... a HVR2200 and it works like a treat on both digital tuners without any mucking around even though my aerial is now split FIVE times before the cable even gets to the card. The Nova T 500 would not even work on both tuners for me even with a direct cable straight from the aerial to card.

So I think all this does say something about NOVA 500 cards compared to the HVR2200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom