Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
is anyone using MP 1.1.0 rc 4 ? and using the tv as I have big wait times on channel switching or tv startup !

Yes I am using it and although very stable, I have the same problem with live TV, very long wait time after switching channels.

I also have very long wait time when programming something to record.

I think I read somewhere that RC5 is scheduled for release two weeks after RC4 so lets hope they get those two things sorted by then.

Does anyone know if this issue has been reported to MP dev team?

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
is anyone using MP 1.1.0 rc 4 ? and using the tv as I have big wait times on channel switching or tv startup !

Yes I am using it and although very stable, I have the same problem with live TV, very long wait time after switching channels.

I also have very long wait time when programming something to record.

I think I read somewhere that RC5 is scheduled for release two weeks after RC4 so lets hope they get those two things sorted by then.

Does anyone know if this issue has been reported to MP dev team?

I know the delayed record problem has been reported, but not sure about the channel changing delay. I would have reported them both myself, but I never seem to be able to find the correct forum to post in bugs in.

You may have also seen I have a problem playing back any recordings of Campbell Live, but don't seem to be able to find any sensible solution to that one.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has any one had issues with TV3 since update to RC4... I can hear the audio but the picture pauses pretty much straight away...

Everything else is very stable, but this is strange... Only happens on TV3

Using SAF 5.0, 4TR, RC4 Windows Seven 64bit...

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has any one had issues with TV3 since update to RC4... I can hear the audio but the picture pauses pretty much straight away...

Everything else is very stable, but this is strange... Only happens on TV3

Using SAF 5.0, 4TR, RC4 Windows Seven 64bit...

Do you mean in live TV or playback of recorded TV?

As I have said in earlier messages I have no problem playing back anything recorded on TV3 apart from Campbell Live.

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For me, 1.1 RC4 has occasional frame rate problems, at least on TV3.

Back on 1.0.2 after reporting the issue with some logs.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

I'm about to update my system and I've finally worked out the hardware I want but I'm not sure about the OS - stick with XP or buy Windows 7? I think I saw somewhere that the GPU I've decided on (Sapphire Radeon HD5670) takes advantage of some feature W7 has which has something to do with graphics processing (obviously) but do I need that?

Re: TV

I'm currently running a Nova-S Plus & Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S tuner, I had 2 Technisat tuners but one of them died - I'm thinking of ditching the remaining Technisat and getting another Nova-S Plus because the TV part of my HTPC is crap - never mind the WAF, I'm over this thing - you go to watch TV and it's a lucky draw as to whether or not anything will come up :mad: Anyone got any opinions on this? (I'm sticking with DVB-S at the moment because it looks like I can't get DVB-T where I am)

Re: Blu-ray optical drive

Anyone already using one they would recommend?

Any ideas/opinions appreciated.

Cheers

Bleazle

divxmaster

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Beazle,
    I would go with Windows 7. Its the best OS I've used by far. Cant touch XP now.
    re the GPU, from what I read quite some time ago (i.e. when crysis came out), Windows 7/Vista supports DirectX 10, whilst XP only supports DX9.
    As of last week I also run a Nova-S plus, works fine with W7 and the hauppauge remote, with a few tweaks. (DVBS not generic, block out philips TV remote
    vol up/down (code 16/17)). I also just got the damn EVR dropped frames bug. Set MP to always on top, that fixed it. Still following that up.

I have an LG GGW H20L bluray burner. Works great with bluray (and anydvd HD!). But I found it wont talk to verbatim dvd's or panasonic DVDRAMS.
    But I can work around those issues.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

I'm about to update my system and I've finally worked out the hardware I want but I'm not sure about the OS - stick with XP or buy Windows 7? I think I saw somewhere that the GPU I've decided on (Sapphire Radeon HD5670) takes advantage of some feature W7 has which has something to do with graphics processing (obviously) but do I need that?

Re: TV

I'm currently running a Nova-S Plus & Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S tuner, I had 2 Technisat tuners but one of them died - I'm thinking of ditching the remaining Technisat and getting another Nova-S Plus because the TV part of my HTPC is crap - never mind the WAF, I'm over this thing - you go to watch TV and it's a lucky draw as to whether or not anything will come up :mad: Anyone got any opinions on this? (I'm sticking with DVB-S at the moment because it looks like I can't get DVB-T where I am)

Re: Blu-ray optical drive

Anyone already using one they would recommend?

Any ideas/opinions appreciated.

Cheers

Bleazle

Just upgraded to Win 7 64bit and a great improvement all round over win Vista 32 (on same hardware...) - Just my 2 cents worth!:p

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the info - Windows 7 it is then, I've got it on my TouchScreen and I'm impressed with it too.

..and anydvd HD....

mmm... I've just installed the latest version of AnyDVD HD and I'm not feeling the love for it - I installed it on my touchscreen and my (still XP) HTPC and it throws "can't read the DVD" errors - the old version didn't do that :( so now I'm giving DVD X Pro a go which plays DVDs without the need for AnyDVD, so far I'm impressed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom