Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    lol, i have the boot ready, but there are no tabs in the edit channel / add channel, only blank fields in which cannot be changed

TV Server is the latest RC4

Hmmm can't help sorry as Im using the Stable release.

What if you edit one of the existing channels ... does it look any different in terms of the options available?

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bascially if you edit a currently working channel, all those fields are populated with the settings, and if you double click on them, you CAN change the details

but you cannot do anything if you manually add a channel

it may be a bug in a RC4, i will try on another tv server with rc4 and see if its the same

what i might do it scan everything again so i have some of the sky channels etc, and try editing one of those and see if that works

crickey!

kiwi_fella

Portal Member
    July 9, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok i'm stuck,

am tryin gto get Optus D1 and Intelsat 2,5 at home, I have therequisite hardware thanks to a local installer.

Mediaportal is an issue!!

I'm running Athlon X64 3600 4GB DDR2 1TB storage, HVR3000 & Nova-s PLus dvbs, Graphcs is Gigabyte 9400Gt. I've recently had a nice new 90cm dish installed with lnb's setup for Optus d1 and Intelsat2. In a normal set top box they work fine.

Sat 1 NA Bandstacked DP Ku-Lo Focussed on -- 160 Degrees Optus D1 low (LOF1) 11300 / High(LOF2) 11300 / LNBSW Blank
    Sat 2 C-Band Focused On - 169 Degrees Inelsat 2,5 low (LOF1) 5150 / High(LOF2) 5151 / LNBSW 22000

The issue i'm getting is that i can get either LNB (And image) if i attach it to the 0Khz side of the tone switch, but as soon as i put it on the 22khz side it cannot be seen. I diverted away from the diseqcswitch as the Hauppauge cards dont suport Diseqc 2.0 (which most are these days).

I do not have a universal LNB, i just went and got rid of that....

And i have also removed the HVR3000 (as its hybrid) card while working on this to be certain thatits only the Nova-S Plus thats being registered.

I live in Auckland and have a good line of site to the satellites etc, and it works in theSTB, so any ideas on what/where i shold be looking?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

B.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All

Figured I'd give you a run-down on how the building the new HTPC went for anyone that might be interested....

Bleazle

Thanks for the detail. That is my next project - I am hoping to do a client server arrangement in a new and improved living room Glad to know Win 7 works for you as well!
    regards
    Neville

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Gang,

Im a little out of the loop when it comes to graphics cards as my HTPC has it on the MB, but Ive set my server up in the garage with my old Samsung 32" lcd and want to watch the .ts files my HTPC records, along with the HD world cup coverage whilst Im on my exercycle.

The machine is a P4 3Ghz hp *something* which I bought for $10, it has 2Gb ram, plenty of disk etc but on board graphics struggles with anything other than the basics.

So can anyone recommend a decent PCI card which can handle 720p (limitations of the LCD). The cheaper the better, but Ill be checking out the usual websites to find one....just thought someone might be able to recommend something. Not worried about noise and its bl))dy cold down here so heat will not be a problem !

Not interested in playing games either, just as a simple MP client really.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bascially if you edit a currently working channel, all those fields are populated with the settings, and if you double click on them, you CAN change the details

but you cannot do anything if you manually add a channel

it may be a bug in a RC4, i will try on another tv server with rc4 and see if its the same

what i might do it scan everything again so i have some of the sky channels etc, and try editing one of those and see if that works

crickey!

Hi, I've found the same thing with RC4. Try adding the info from my previous post to your Optus Sat config file. You should then be able to scan for the SBS channels.

I've found dish alignmnet is critical for getting SBS. I'm using a 90cm and had to tweak the alignment and LNB skew to get it all working 100%.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey

i did actually try your post first, added it to the file, but it did not find the SBS channels on a rescan :/

whats weird tho is on my OLD OS when i first did scan Optus D1, the SBS channels showed up immediatly with no tinkering needed

its only since i reinstalled the OS i havent been able to get it, will play again tommorow

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey

i did actually try your post first, added it to the file, but it did not find the SBS channels on a rescan :/

whats weird tho is on my OLD OS when i first did scan Optus D1, the SBS channels showed up immediatly with no tinkering needed

its only since i reinstalled the OS i havent been able to get it, will play again tommorow

Hmmm. Just a thought, make sure you've not got any other Sat receivers linked to your dish and powered on that may be locking the LNB in H pol. (i.e. preventing it switching to V pol for SBS)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ....If you install ASIO4ALL it can be setup within MP config & used with the MP BASS player, no need to install/use Winamp (unless you've got some particular/other reason to be using Winamp??). If you've got some good sound hardware, ASIO does make quite a nice improvement in audio quality :D

I didn't know that you could use ASIO4ALL without Winamp - I searched the forum (not well enough?) and couldn't find any decent info in how to use ASIO so that's just the way I came up with :p So are you saying that I can uninstall Winamp, then just point MP to ASIO4ALL in the music setup? Is that all I need to do?

Hi All

Figured I'd give you a run-down on how the building the new HTPC went for anyone that might be interested....

Bleazle

Thanks for the detail. That is my next project - I am hoping to do a client server arrangement in a new and improved living room Glad to know Win 7 works for you as well!
    regards
    Neville

One week on and I'm still happy - I even turn this thing off whenever it isn't being used (old setup ran 24/7 because early on I had bad experiences with MP screwing up if I restarted it). Windows 7 gets my vote for sure (so far..)

Gang,

Im a little out of the loop when it comes to graphics cards as my HTPC has it on the MB, but Ive set my server up in the garage with my old Samsung 32" lcd and want to watch the .ts files my HTPC records, along with the HD world cup coverage whilst Im on my exercycle.

The machine is a P4 3Ghz hp *something* which I bought for $10, it has 2Gb ram, plenty of disk etc but on board graphics struggles with anything other than the basics.

So can anyone recommend a decent PCI card which can handle 720p (limitations of the LCD). The cheaper the better, but Ill be checking out the usual websites to find one....just thought someone might be able to recommend something. Not worried about noise and its bl))dy cold down here so heat will not be a problem !

Not interested in playing games either, just as a simple MP client really.

From my experience I'd say that you're wasting your time trying to get a P4 3Ghz setup to play HD because (as you said) it will struggle with it - that's why I built a new HTPC. My old system only had an AGP slot though so maybe yours has a PCI Express x16 slot that can take advantage of a card that can handle the HD graphics - good luck with that.

....Hmmm. Just a thought, make sure you've not got any other Sat receivers linked to your dish and powered on that may be locking the LNB in H pol. (i.e. preventing it switching to V pol for SBS)

Butting in here....I didn't realise SBS was on the V pol - so that means even if I install a 3rd tuner I won't be able to watch or record SBS while one of the NZ channels is being watched or recorded right? Not that I think the need will ever arise but you never know... What if I install a dual LNB?....

Cheers

Bleazle

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ....If you install ASIO4ALL it can be setup within MP config & used with the MP BASS player, no need to install/use Winamp (unless you've got some particular/other reason to be using Winamp??). If you've got some good sound hardware, ASIO does make quite a nice improvement in audio quality :D

I didn't know that you could use ASIO4ALL without Winamp - I searched the forum (not well enough?) and couldn't find any decent info in how to use ASIO so that's just the way I came up with :p So are you saying that I can uninstall Winamp, then just point MP to ASIO4ALL in the music setup? Is that all I need to do?

Pretty much. Install ASIO4ALL - in MP Configuration go to the Music section, then Music ASIO; tick/check 'Use ASIO', select ASIO4ALL in the ASIO Device list and you're done - float away in sonic bliss! ASIO4ALL settings can be accessed from the Settings tab on that page, but it works fine for me with default settings. Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• ASIO.JPG
      ASIO.JPG
      43.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom