Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

captcol

Portal Pro
June 27, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
apart from some recent windows issues, mine is stable as. I am running win 7 pro with hauppauge nova-s

Reg

Portal Pro
November 22, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all

I'm a newbie member but a long time user, Didn't realise there were so many kiwi's in here.
I would like to ask doesn't anyone else have trouble with the Tv server, 30% of the time it works for me
the other 70% it's either Tv services not started or MP just isn't picking up the channels. all versions of MP

I have w7 WinTV-3000

Cheers

Well it must be a good couple of years I have been using MediaPortal now and in the past I have had my share of hassles with TV service not running when its meant to, but nothing like 70%, more like 1%. My system seems pretty stable now on 1.1.0 RC4.

When Tv service has stopped on me in the past it has often been when I have been making changes in MP and doing stuff like turning my my router/modem on and off. Don't ask me why that should make TV server stop but it does on my system.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea its when I'm making changes, I'm just trying to set it up again after some time. And to give MP it's credit WinTv-7 doesn't work at all :)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yea its when I'm making changes, I'm just trying to set it up again after some time. And to give MP it's credit WinTv-7 doesn't work at all :)

Experience has taught me not to make too many changes at once. I always get a basic MP and TV server running really well before I go tweaking and adding plugins etc.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

I'm a newbie member but a long time user, Didn't realise there were so many kiwi's in here.
    I would like to ask doesn't anyone else have trouble with the Tv server, 30% of the time it works for me
    the other 70% it's either Tv services not started or MP just isn't picking up the channels. all versions of MP

I have w7 WinTV-3000

Cheers

For me, TV Server has been rock solid ... and Im still on 1.0.2. Running on Windows XP SP3 in multiseat mode ... so the TV Server does just that ... runs the TV ... no client etc and running 24x7

For the first time in over a year it rebooted and I feel its due to the new MHEG collection conflicting with when I wanted to record the All Whites game ... but other than that ... TV Server has been a beautiful thing. THe client side is a little more temperamental
    but in the whole, pretty good.

ALSO

Can anyone here who is also using 4TheRecord and who has the SBS channels available, let me know if they are able to record any of the SBS Channels? Be interested in those who dont have 4TR installed whether you can as well.
    At the moment got a thread going where 2 of us can't
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/can-view-channel-but-cant-record-83188/

but can view the channels OK. Have tried installing Argus, but that appears to be a no go at the moment.

Would love to record some of the Tour de France in a few weeks time, so might have to uninstall 4TR for a few weeks if some of you can actually record OK.

captcol

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yup PCI graphics cards are rare and underpowered anyways, PCI-e is the only path worth upgrading.

My mobo has built in nvidia 8200 or 8300 can't remember which, cost about 150ish (2 or 3 years old now) and it has a amd 4800+ dual core and 2 gig ram, runs windows 7 with Media portal sweet as. I picked up a similar rig off trademe for about 100

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ thekiwi: I use ForTheRecord (wouldn't be without it!) and I can record the two SBS channels I have tuned in (at the same time if required)...

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand

Waste of money to put upgrade gpu in that, better to save for modern mobo with onboard gpu, dualcore processor and 2gb memory package or better.

:sorry: truth always hurts

Im not looking for a super machine here, its just an old pc which sits in my garage as a file server. My main HTPC is upstairs and has everything and more than you suggest.

Ive connected my old lcd to the server in the garage and just want to be able to watch videos whilst sitting on an exercycle...nothing more than that. It works great for your common avi's etc. I was hoping to be able to relieve some of the CPU by getting an old PCI card thats all. Im not going to be watching 1080p or anything !

Once the world cup is over Id be surprised if it got used at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom