Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Butting in here....I didn't realise SBS was on the V pol - so that means even if I install a 3rd tuner I won't be able to watch or record SBS while one of the NZ channels is being watched or recorded right? Not that I think the need will ever arise but you never know... What if I install a dual LNB?....

Cheers

Bleazle

Hi, a dual LNB should get around it I think.

CannonG

June 20, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can anyone help with settings to get an Avermedia AverTV Satellite Trinity to connect to DVB-S Freeview? Especially under Windows 7 and MP 1.1.0 RC1

I try the usual 12456/12483,H,22500 with 11300,0,20000 settings that worked under Win XP with a Hauppauge Nova S Plus on MP 1.02 but I just get No Signal.

Long time lurker second time poster disclosure: I did post a similar question in an old thread in another subforum yesterday but that wasn't the best place I don't think. Be gentle :)

Thanks!

Solved my problem after looking up some old MythTV instructions :p

For anyone else with the same problem, correct settings need to be:

12456000/12483000,h, 22500 and 11300,11300,20000

Thanks for reporting back with the fix for your Avermedia card settings, I too moved from a Hauppauge card to Avermedia and couldn't get signal until I found this post - was about to give up!
    Cheers
    :D

andydixon

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would be interested to know if anyone has had any luck decoding Freeview HD live tv with any decoder other than Power DVD.

I've been using Power DVD for quite some time now with MP 1.0.2. Recently I upgraded to MP 1.1 RC4 and selected the MPC-HC codec for live tv H264. All has been working well until I removed Power DVD from my system and my live tv became all jerky and I had several crashes and blue screens. I tried several versions of the MPC-HC codec and I tried the Divx DXVA codec with no luck. I then tried SAF 4 with the same issues. How I'm back with Power DVD and all is well again.

Would love to hear if others have had similar issues.

Andy

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    actually SAF4.0 unlocked uses PDVD for H264 HDTV. AFAIK MPC-HC codec does not connect to .ts reader (unless it's been fixed) so it's actually impossible to use mpc-hc for h264 live tv. Arcsoft, coreavc & the built in win7 h264 all work for hdtv. I'm not sure on the current situation with ffdshow (the newest build of ffdshow now includes elements of mpc-hc codec for dxva)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would be interested to know if anyone has had any luck decoding Freeview HD live tv with any decoder other than Power DVD.

I've been using Power DVD for quite some time now with MP 1.0.2. Recently I upgraded to MP 1.1 RC4 and selected the MPC-HC codec for live tv H264. All has been working well until I removed Power DVD from my system and my live tv became all jerky and I had several crashes and blue screens. I tried several versions of the MPC-HC codec and I tried the Divx DXVA codec with no luck. I then tried SAF 4 with the same issues. How I'm back with Power DVD and all is well again.

Would love to hear if others have had similar issues.

Andy

When I was running XP I used to use the Power Cinema version 7 codec and it worked just fine, but that was a while back.
    When I went to windows 7 I just use the one that comes with windows 7 and it seems to work ok now that I have a decent graphics card.

andydixon

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    actually SAF4.0 unlocked uses PDVD for H264 HDTV. AFAIK MPC-HC codec does not connect to .ts reader (unless it's been fixed) so it's actually impossible to use mpc-hc for h264 live tv. Arcsoft, coreavc & the built in win7 h264 all work for hdtv. I'm not sure on the current situation with ffdshow (the newest build of ffdshow now includes elements of mpc-hc codec for dxva)

Kiwijunglist,

As far as I was aware it had been fixed (see 0002069: TsReader is not working properly with MPC-HC H264 codec - MediaPortal Bugtracker) in 1.1 RC1, so that's why I gave it a try. But for me it was very unstable. Looks like I'll be sticking with PDVD...

Andy

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    IS anyone here using the new ForTheRecord 1.5.0.1 release which includes the new Arhus tuner which in theory can replace the TV Server portion of Mediaportal?

Just gave it a go and failed miserably ... but it involved also setting a new satellites.xml file

I'm running 4TR 1.5.0.1 with MP 1.1 RC4 and it's working great (as usual :) ). My TV cards aren't supported by Argus (are yours?) so I still use MP TV Server for the scanning side of things.
    Hmmm hadn't thought of that aspect ...

4TR 1.5.0.1 picks up the cards and lists them in the "Cards" section, but will check on that aspect. Thanks.

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    From my experience I'd say that you're wasting your time trying to get a P4 3Ghz setup to play HD because (as you said) it will struggle with it - that's why I built a new HTPC. My old system only had an AGP slot though so maybe yours has a PCI Express x16 slot that can take advantage of a card that can handle the HD graphics - good luck with that.
    Thanks Bleazle,

I had no trouble with my first HTPC being a P4 3Ghz using a Geforce6600 and Coreavc. I dont need to be playing 1080p, so I was just hoping someone might have a quick suggestion for a new card to save me the research time :)

Cheers

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hear that! :) What sort of graphics card slot has your motherboard got?

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

I'm a newbie member but a long time user, Didn't realise there were so many kiwi's in here.
    I would like to ask doesn't anyone else have trouble with the Tv server, 30% of the time it works for me
    the other 70% it's either Tv services not started or MP just isn't picking up the channels. all versions of MP

I have w7 WinTV-3000

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom