Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (17 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    STuNZ

Do you mind if I ask what tuners you have/had, and were they hybrid? I have suspected that there is a leak in the analog/hybrid code for a little while now, but I can't seem to determine whether what I'm seeing is only due to the fact that using the analog tuner consumes more memory than using digital tuners (there are good reasons for that)...

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @STuNZ

Do you mind if I ask what tuners you have/had, and were they hybrid? I have suspected that there is a leak in the analog/hybrid code for a little while now, but I can't seem to determine whether what I'm seeing is only due to the fact that using the analog tuner consumes more memory than using digital tuners (there are good reasons for that)...

Mine were not hybrids although I recall the problem was also discussed as exhibitting itself on hybrid cards but I can't confirm whether that was the case or not.

I have a Hauppauge Nova T 500 DVB-T dual tuner and used to also have a Hauppauge 250 analogue (or was it 150, I can't remember).

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm uisng an HVR-2200 which does have 2 hybrid digital/analog tuners. I set up the hybrid configuration in an attempt to get FM radio working, but MP still doesn't support the card for FM radio. Prior to MP 1.0, FM radio use to work with this card. I also had hybrids set up for watching Prime before it went digital.

But I don't use the analog tuners at all currently.

I will try removing the hybrid configuration and see if that helps.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again rlevis

It is worth a shot to dismantle the hybrid setup for testing. I'd be interested to know what you find. Regarding the Hauppauge HVR2200 FM radio - I fixed that for 1.2.0b. See here for the thread discussing that issue...

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did that this morning and the RAM usage still climbed as usual throughout the day. There's a leak occuring somewhere every few seconds. Is there any way to increase the verbosity of the TV Server logging?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rlevis,

I note that someone raised an issue about memory leaks in Miroslav's patch. Did you have these issues before trying that patch? I've just upgraded to SVN head so I'm going to be keeping a close eye on memory usage myself. Sitting at about 189MB for MediaPortal and 128.5MB for TV Service right now while watching an SD sat channel...

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

Im busy converting from DVT-S to DVB-T and thought id do some research before I embark on the journey.

I remember a while ago some people had problems with the program guide on DVB-T and are using a 3rd party EPG app, can you please tell me what app it was. Also, is anyone using comskip with DVB-T and is it working properly?

Any other tips/advice much appreciated.

Thanks
    PJ

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

Im busy converting from DVT-S to DVB-T and thought id do some research before I embark on the journey.

I remember a while ago some people had problems with the program guide on DVB-T and are using a 3rd party EPG app, can you please tell me what app it was. Also, is anyone using comskip with DVB-T and is it working properly?

Any other tips/advice much appreciated.

Thanks
    PJ

Use the EPG Collector EPG Collector | Download EPG Collector software for free at SourceForge.net
    Written by NZers for DVB-S and DVB-T... and doesnt do any screen scraping etc ... all from the MHEG5 stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom