Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (14 Viewers)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll be interested in following this request as I'm hoping that DVB-T will be available in our area soon.

one thing I had considered (since I only have limited slots in my MP server) is to get a USB DVB-S device (from dealextreme or wherever) and use that just for the EPP.. is that feasible?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll be interested in following this request as I'm hoping that DVB-T will be available in our area soon.

one thing I had considered (since I only have limited slots in my MP server) is to get a USB DVB-S device (from dealextreme or wherever) and use that just for the EPP.. is that feasible?

There used to be a time when you had to use Revens application (or simlar) and grab detalis from Websites etc ... or use a DBV-S card if you were using DVB-T, but not now with the EPG Collector.

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

Im busy converting from DVT-S to DVB-T and thought id do some research before I embark on the journey.

I remember a while ago some people had problems with the program guide on DVB-T and are using a 3rd party EPG app, can you please tell me what app it was. Also, is anyone using comskip with DVB-T and is it working properly?

Any other tips/advice much appreciated.

Thanks
    PJ

Use the EPG Collector EPG Collector | Download EPG Collector software for free at SourceForge.net
    Written by NZers for DVB-S and DVB-T... and doesnt do any screen scraping etc ... all from the MHEG5 stream.

Awesome, Thanks!!

Does the same XML file also work with 4TR?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

Im busy converting from DVT-S to DVB-T and thought id do some research before I embark on the journey.

I remember a while ago some people had problems with the program guide on DVB-T and are using a 3rd party EPG app, can you please tell me what app it was. Also, is anyone using comskip with DVB-T and is it working properly?

Any other tips/advice much appreciated.

Thanks
    PJ

Use the EPG Collector EPG Collector | Download EPG Collector software for free at SourceForge.net
    Written by NZers for DVB-S and DVB-T... and doesnt do any screen scraping etc ... all from the MHEG5 stream.

Awesome, Thanks!!

Does the same XML file also work with 4TR?

Yea absolutely.

All I do is drop the XML file into the 4tr folder and whamooo Ive got full 7 day EPG.

Schedule the job and let it do its thing.

Im running it on TV Sever under Windows 7 and works an absolute treat.

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can I just use the default settings fro EPG collector or is there anything specific that i need to enable for it to work best?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can I just use the default settings fro EPG collector or is there anything specific that i need to enable for it to work best?

Depends what you mean by "defaults" ... as really there aren't any, cause we all have different setups

EPG Collector | Download EPG Collector software for free at SourceForge.net

but pretty much all you do is use the GUI to setup your collection INI file. I can't advise much further as you will be using DVB-T and that will depend on the region you are in as to Frequencies to use ... I believe.

Best to ask Steve (the Author) at the Sourceforge site.

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i was referring mostly to settings on the output and advanced tab, I have managed to set it up fro Auckland and scanned channels okay but when i run the collection it just gives me an empty file

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i was referring mostly to settings on the output and advanced tab, I have managed to set it up fro Auckland and scanned channels okay but when i run the collection it just gives me an empty file
    So the XML File that gets created is empty?

What does your EPG Log show?

If it runs successfully, it should exit with Code 0

03:43:46:842 <C> Exiting with code = 0

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rlevis,
    I note that someone raised an issue about memory leaks in Miroslav's patch. Did you have these issues before trying that patch? I've just upgraded to SVN head so I'm going to be keeping a close eye on memory usage myself. Sitting at about 189MB for MediaPortal and 128.5MB for TV Service right now while watching an SD sat channel...
    I've always had this problem. It's nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom