Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    cos of that I'm unsure what I should be selecting to 'grab' the epg. remembering that vegas has only just gotten terrestrial and it's not even 'prod' as yet.. the epg is being broadcast for sure cos the TV is getting it, just not sure what I need to do to make it happen on that particular epg grabber.:(

I've tried to find the frequencies online, but I can't be sure that anything I found is correct yet. Can't you figure out what frequencies you need based on the frequencies that lock in the TV Server scan?

mm

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    cos of that I'm unsure what I should be selecting to 'grab' the epg. remembering that vegas has only just gotten terrestrial and it's not even 'prod' as yet.. the epg is being broadcast for sure cos the TV is getting it, just not sure what I need to do to make it happen on that particular epg grabber.:(

I've tried to find the frequencies online, but I can't be sure that anything I found is correct yet. Can't you figure out what frequencies you need based on the frequencies that lock in the TV Server scan?

mm

where/how would I find that out?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As you scan, it shows the channels that are found/updated for each frequency.

[Edit: key point being that the frequency should be listed...]

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oarsum idea.. and it's looking good.
    attached the ini file for any other vegas peeps looking to try this out. still yet to get my head around how to make it import into MP, but that's cool.. I hadn't tried until now cos there was no info there :)

Code:
    [GENERAL]
    Output=C:\ProgramData\Geekzone\EPG Collector\TVGuide.xml
    Timeouts=10,300,5

[DVBT]
    TuningFile=New Zealand.Rotorua - Infill.xml
    ScanningFrequency=554000,8,MHEG5

[DVBT]
    ScanningFrequency=586000,8,MHEG5

[DVBT]
    ScanningFrequency=602000,8,MHEG5

Attachments

• EPG Collector.zip
      304 bytes

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    still yet to get my head around how to make it import into MP, but that's cool.. I hadn't tried until now cos there was no info there :)
    Info in our wiki -->here<--. :)

perfect.. now working on my laptop with the $10 USB tuner.
    this may be my best bet actually.. get a second winfast tuner for watching/recording and the USB for the EPG..

thanks again for all the help.. once the new winfast arrives I'll move to HD.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hope this isn't repitition but I haven't had luck finding a solution...I had xmltv grabbing the epg fine with a dvb-t tuner, but have had to chage to a dvb-s and cannot seem to get it going. Anyone know the frequencies/setting needed for the epg? Or does freeview dump and epg with the sat signal? Thanks for the help (any help actually).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again bopfrog

Freeview Satellite EPG should be supported natively by MP if you set it up right. What were you using for the DVB-T EPG and how are you trying to proceed with the satellite EPG?

mm

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again bopfrog

Freeview Satellite EPG should be supported natively by MP if you set it up right. What were you using for the DVB-T EPG and how are you trying to proceed with the satellite EPG?

mm

the geekzone epg collector - unfortuntely I have dumped the dvb-t details as i can't get that signal so didn't keep it. I have tried the GVB EPG in MP (I think) but with no succes. With the T card I used to get about an hours worth of epg from that. So I have gone back to the EPG collector to try the S card but no succes - keep getting 'no tuner able to tune to xxxxx frequency. I am getting tv though so somethings working.:D

btw way the advice for the TT S2-3200 card is great so far - 1 tuner but able to record and watch up to 3 freeview channels so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom