Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the geekzone epg collector
    Are you using the "New Zealand - Satellite Freeview" profile? If so then I suspect the only thing wrong will be the LNB parameters. Try [10750000, 10750000, 12750000] or [11300000, 11300000, 12750000].

With the T card I used to get about an hours worth of epg from that.
    Yep, there is now/next info in EIT format and a full 8 day guide in MHEG 5 format on DVB-T... but unfortunately MHEG 5 is not supported in MP yet. Satellite has a full 8 day guide in EIT format, so if you enable the timeshifting and/or idle EPG grabber for the Freeview channels then EPG should be picked up.

Specific instructions:
    1. Go to the DVB EPG section in TV Server configuration, and enable either or both the timeshifting and idle EPG grabber. Default timeouts should be fine.
    2. In the TV Epg grabber sub section, select all the Freeview channels.

So I have gone back to the EPG collector to try the S card but no succes - keep getting 'no tuner able to tune to xxxxx frequency. I am getting tv though so somethings working.:D
    As I said above, I suspect LNB parameters may be part of the problem, but remember the tuner can't be used in 2 applications at the same time. If you're using 1.2.0b and pause mode is enabled then the EPG Grabber won't be able to use the tuner.

mm

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps someone can help.

I've set DVD PostProcessing to ffdshow raw video filter in MP config, but the filter is not loading while playing a DVD. I've done the same for videos and playing video files does load the filter as it should. I'm not sure if this is a 1.20b issue or not. I'm using the MPC MPEG-2 Decoder.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm,

thanks for all the feedback re EPG grabbing. EPG suddenly picked up via satellite so have full listings now. Not sure what I did/didn't do. Will see if I can get the Geekzone epg working in any case.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anyone else having issues with freeview satellite at the moment? only getting tv2 here at the moment... terrestrial is okay

[edit]never mind... it's back... wondering if it was snow related....:confused:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Why is this thread still allowed to go on by the admins? If there's useful information in here, it needs to be in separate threads so that others can find them and track them separately. Do NZ users really need a single thread to discuss every aspect of MP for their own country? Should we have one thread for each country?

Enough's enough. I get the humor. But it's a dead joke now and just annoying to see it perpetuate. And combining hundreds of technical problems/solutions into one thread defeats having a support forum - the greater community can't benefit from it as it's simply too much work reading through one thread to find answers to their own problems.

I'm disappointed that forum admins haven't locked this thread years ago and forced it's regular users to use the MP forums properly.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now if a Kiwi asked me to close it I would ;)

Must admit most info is way out of date or lost, but if they are happy to "wait" for another New Zealander to come along and answer their questions, I do not have a problem with that.

So anyone else want this thread closing.

dvbkiwi

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Love the thread, were a community on our own, Friendly people answering common questions without flamming each other for not knowing ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Personally I don't have a strong opinion either way. Topical issues will be at the end of the thread (which is useful), and you can always search the thread for specific terms (also useful as you don't include other forums section threads)...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom