Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again amphibem

Okay that is clearer, and your goal should be easily achievable.

OK awesome, I understand now.

The critical things:
    1. TV Server is sending commands.
    2. TV Server is sending the right commands.

From what you've said, you have (1) working because the "test" function in the TV3 Blaster plugin works. Yes?
    Now all that you have to do is tell TV Server which channel numbers the Sky box uses for each channel.

PART 1

So the key part I was missing was having the correct channel numbers for the analogue channel in TV Server. I have gone back in and fixed that, however still didn't work. I have double checked and the test certainly works. I am rebooting now to see if that helps, if not the next thing I will do (probably this weekend) is fiddle with the TV3 Blaster settings, and double check I havent missed anything.

Cheers for all the help, and Paranoid Delusion I will certainly be doing that!

It worked! I still need to actually mount the IR blaster somewhere suitable but when I tuned the Sky channel it flashed so I know that key link is working :)
    Now I have to finish adding the numbers as IR command, map them to number in TV3 Blaster and setup all the Sky channels. And figure out why the Sky output isn't in widescreen, I am guessing only the primary output is and I will need to use that.

I will write up the wiki for how to do this (basically mm's instructions plus IRSS and TV3 Blaster settings) this weekend, thanks again for all your help.

NZOldFart

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EPG Collector in MP

Hi all - I've been away from MP for some while now and just come back and installed latest version. I see Reven's xmltvnz is no more thanks to Sky and have found the EPG Collector. Now I'm a novice at the techy stuff. Have generated TVguide.xml file from EPG Collector ok - so the next question is - how do I get that into MP? I'm assuming I use the xmltv plugin which I've enabled. In configuration I've pointed it to where the TVguide.xml file is located. Reading the wiki on xmltv and the instructions in the configuration screen it says there also has to be an xmltv.dtd file in the same folder. But there isn't one - so if I need one - how do I get it? I've searched all my folders and there isn't any such beast. I know that with Reven's xmltvnz there was always an associated xmltv.dtd file but there isn't one with EPG Collector. Also in the old version of Mediaportal there was an xmltv folder but there isn't one in this version. Help please.:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi NZOldFart

You would find it (I think) if you searched your My Documents folder with searching of hidden and system files and folders enabled. The other place you can get it is straight from the XMLTV site -->here<--.

mm

[Edit: path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv]

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EPG Collector in MP

Hi all - I've been away from MP for some while now and just come back and installed latest version. I see Reven's xmltvnz is no more thanks to Sky and have found the EPG Collector. Now I'm a novice at the techy stuff. Have generated TVguide.xml file from EPG Collector ok - so the next question is - how do I get that into MP? I'm assuming I use the xmltv plugin which I've enabled. In configuration I've pointed it to where the TVguide.xml file is located. Reading the wiki on xmltv and the instructions in the configuration screen it says there also has to be an xmltv.dtd file in the same folder. But there isn't one - so if I need one - how do I get it? I've searched all my folders and there isn't any such beast. I know that with Reven's xmltvnz there was always an associated xmltv.dtd file but there isn't one with EPG Collector. Also in the old version of Mediaportal there was an xmltv folder but there isn't one in this version. Help please.:confused:

what OS are you using?
    by default (after installing the epg collector) in:
    winXP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\xmltv.dtd

win7:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\xmltv.dtd

so I make my config ini file save the EPG to that location

NZOldFart

Portal Member
    November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks mm and Rocklander. Yep - looked where you said and there it was. All working fine now. Seems to me a crazy place to go putting things related to an application. I have MP installed in a separate partition (D) and it would seem to me that the logical thing is to have everything to do with the operation of the software located in folders under D:/Team mediaportal/Mediaportal rather than bunging things in an obscure locatlon like C:/Documents and Setings/all users/.....

(Well at least to the non techo people like me)

I see that EPG Collector has also created a folder in C:/ so I guess it's the norm:eek:

Anyway - thanks again.

Joe90NZ

September 12, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all. Just getting to grips with MP setup after being a 7MC fan boi for so long.
    Frustrating me a bit at present, taking a while to get fully set up but will persevere, and hopefully this thread will deliver !
    Joe.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Joe! :)
    We'll be happy to help with any problems - don't struggle alone.

mm

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I will be installing a satellite dish and UHF aerial on our house and I'm wondering if I should run 1 or 2 lengths of RG6 coax. Is it posisble to combine the 2 at the antenna?

Thanks,
    Ross.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ross

I believe it is possible to combine with something like -->this<-- used in reverse. Problems can be experienced though, especially if one signal is much more powerful than the other. I'm no electrician or cabling expert but I'd probably recommend separate cabling.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom