Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy New Year everyone!

I've been having Hauppauge tuner card problems for over a year, Please help!

Problem 1: I have a Hauppauge HVR-3000 and a HVR-4000 both installed with the latest drivers on 64 bit Windows 7.

Neither of these will tune in DVB-T frequency 530000 (I get "No signal") and therefore I can't get TVNZ. No issues with higher frequencies and therefore other channels. Can anyone confirm they are using either of these tuner cards on Windows 7 x64 and can get TVNZ? Are there any tricks to it?

Problem 2: I have a Hauppauge HVR-2200. It has no problem tuning in TVNZ but gives terrible pixelation after a period of time playing/recording. This was previously set up as tuners 1 and 2 tuner so masked problem 1 for a long time. Can anyone confirm they are successfully using an HVR-2200 on Windows 7 x64 without pixelation (or is it just my particular card)? Are there any tricks to it?

Problem 3: I have a Hauppauge Nova T 500. Windows 7 x64 won't install drivers for it. Is it just that my particular card is Kaput? Can anyone confirm they are successfully using a NOVA T 500 on Windows 7 x64? Are there any tricks to it?

Ummm, is it time for a different card manufacturer?

Thanks Heaps

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Problem 2: I have a Hauppauge HVR-2200. It has no problem tuning in TVNZ but gives terrible pixelation after a period of time playing/recording. This was previously set up as tuners 1 and 2 tuner so masked problem 1 for a long time. Can anyone confirm they are successfully using an HVR-2200 on Windows 7 x64 without pixelation (or is it just my particular card)? Are there any tricks to it?

I use HVR2200 with Win7 x64.
    http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/drivers/HVR-22x0_7_9_1_29297_SIGNED.zip

Sometimes get pixellation due to an error in the transport stream (eg. interference) this only lasts 1-2 seconds. Very rarely the video renderer doesn't recover and the pixellation continues after the error in the transport stream, if it does I just skip +15 then skip back -15, this resets the playback and the error goes away. I think the LAV filter isn't as good as recovering after a ts error than some of the other filters as I notice this more with LAV filter, but I havn't bothered to replay the same spot in the recording with different codecs to test this.

Last edited:

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Problem 1: I have a Hauppauge HVR-3000 and a HVR-4000 both installed with the latest drivers on 64 bit Windows 7.

Neither of these will tune in DVB-T frequency 530000 (I get "No signal") and therefore I can't get TVNZ. No issues with higher frequencies and therefore other channels. Can anyone confirm they are using either of these tuner cards on Windows 7 x64 and can get TVNZ? Are there any tricks to it?

I had that problem a while back and it was to do with my splitter. In my case it was the highest frequency that wouldn't tune. Too long ago to remember what I changed, but given your 2200 works I would try that aerial plug in the cards that don't work and scan again just to see if it's the card or the signal that's at fault.

Have also had this problem. My TSwriter.log was full of discontinuity errors. Disabling Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus completely solved this problem.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have run my T500 with Win7 64bit, no problem's seen regarding driver install and use, if it is one of the later cards, ie with diversity, these are prone to failure, is your card a TD500 or a genuine 99xxx T500.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey all.. got a week off next week and am thinking about trying 1.3 out.. anyone in godzone using it happily? cursory search of this thread only has one mention of "1.3" .. I know that we have some funny broadcasting going on here (something about delay between audio visual IIRC?) so thought I'd see who's using it (if anyone) successfully..

thoughts?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've got 1.3b on my pc for testing and xml skinning purposes... Seems stable enough using Argus TV Scheduler as the go between. No problem with Live TV and 1.3b at all here in Auckland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom