Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I agree
Have run client server setup for some time. Free view needs 3 TV tuners unless I am dumb (could be!) as prime is on its own named mux....TVNZ, kordia and sky I think.
Can't comment about sky but interested in other comments on this one.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey MM, any reference to decryption or just the clever software stuff?[DOUBLEPOST=1373171750][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey MM, any reference to decryption or just the clever software stuff?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Decryption of sky is illegal (covered in your contract with sky). A brief non technical discussion is probably ok, but any further discussion or detailed instructions needs to be outside the forum for Team MP's protection. MediaPortal does not decrypt sky, it is done with 3rd party hardware and 3rd party software :)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The discussion had already gone further than I would have liked. My personal preference is that there is no mention of the names of software or the fact that certain things are possible. Such references just tease out questions which potentially lead further and further into territory that is out of bounds here. If I had not been away from home yesterday I would have said something earlier.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Understood buddy.

Edit: removed my references to the inappropriate software names, completely forgot I had mentioned them as I wouldn't normally. Sorry!

Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought I would try here first. I've just noticed MP 1.4.0 is not loading iso images. I get "Mount switch syntax error". I checked the Virtual Drive settings and they look ok. It was working with 1.2.3 before I upgraded. I updated DTLite to the latest version but didn't help. Any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought I would try here first. I've just noticed MP 1.4.0 is not loading iso images. I get "Mount switch syntax error". I checked the Virtual Drive settings and they look ok. It was working with 1.2.3 before I upgraded. I updated DTLite to the latest version but didn't help. Any ideas?
    Yeah, I've seen this. Try using the "scsi" drive type. I found the others didn't work for me. The drive tool should point to DTLite.exe.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That fixed the syntax error, but it's still not loading DVD ISO images. MP is now coming up with a "Disk mount time out reached". Tried selecting the 60 second retry but that failed also.

Using DTLite to manually load an ISO, MP plays it. It's definitely set to DTLite.exe. The settings haven't changed for years. Any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom