Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP can recognise \VIDEO_TS\ so you can just mount image and copy files into your movie folder

d:\movies\movie title (year)\VIDEO_TS\

All my .ISO are extracted when I download them. It's faster to not mount files and you get better metadata.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do that these days but these are old movies from some time ago.

I discovered the issue. I had to remove the existing F: drive in DT and add a SCSI drive. It installed something and had to reboot, and now it works.

Different problem. I've had this issue for several versions. Loading most DVD's the screen goes black. I'm using LAV Filters for everything and standard DVD navigator. But tried with Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 drivers and PowerDVD Navigator and it does the same. These movies use to work fine every time. I'm having to use some software to strip out the menus and then it plays.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place, but direct me where if not (posting it here as I live in NZ - Tauranga). I'm looking at setting up TVs in 4 rooms and I want similar functionality that MP gives me on our own system, in each of the 4 rooms. Each needs to be run interdependently, but I want to be able to supply video etc from one area (NAS or similar I think). Would like to hear suggestions, other ways I might do this, or someone who does this for a living near Tauranga??? Would like to run sky in some form as well - currently just do freeview. Can I do this with MP as it is the only things that seems to offer access to video, audio, net etc... Thank for any help/thoughts.

As kiwijunglist said, this is all doable, best to use a central server although the server could also be one of the clients too. For Freeview (HD) you need 3 DVB-T Tuners if you want to be able to record/watch EVERY Freeview channel at once. Freeview Satellite only has 2 MUXs so for that you'd need 2x DVB-S tuners. But since your in Tauranga I assume you'll be going with Freeview HD.

S ky is possible. I've just finished setting it up again on my HTPC with MediaPortal. I have a Quad DVB-S2 tuner card in my sever. Tested recording 16 sk y channels at once! PM me on geekzone if you want more info or a hand setting this up. Although we're only talking about about using a legitimate subscription and not talking about piracy in any way. Some of the components used to achieve this are also used in other countries for piracy so we can't talk about these components in this forum.

It will take a bit of setting up for what you want but once it's up and running - a) it's rock solid, b) the functionality is unrivaled.
    Every one of your clients can watch any channel independently of each other.
    Every client can see the same guide and accesses all the same recordings.

Make sure you get clear on the video card (de-interlacing) requirements for Freeview HD before you purchase anything.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    read thread change settings.[DOUBLEPOST=1373777774][/DOUBLEPOST]This is in regard to menu problems: from memory a certain combination of navigator + audio codec can cause/alleviate those symptoms. (If I recall correctly)

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Morning guys,

Wanted to say that @DJBlu has just released his amazing modifications for Sky in New Zealand. The link to the development thread is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...r-including-sky-uk-channel-epg-grabber.96767/

Basically as normal no discussion about How to achieve Sky, but this modification and plugin will effectively turn your tvserver/HTPC in to a sky box with full HD program guide, channel numbers, groups and series link. It will also re-scan and shift as new channels are addded/removed.

Please like the thread and give much credit to him if you use it.

Chris

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anyone else notice that prime has really major delays when changing channel to it? also notable live pause/ffw/rew issues (screen goes black for a good few seconds while audio plays, then catches up.. like sometimes 10 seconds.. well it feels like it)?

even happens on recorded TV.. we often record elementary to watch later and if we ffw the ads and the 'landing' spot is the actual programme, the screen stays black for ages. we have to rewind to a bit where the ads are still playing and let it play into the programme.

we've only noticed this on prime..

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    anyone else notice that prime has really major delays when changing channel to it? also notable live pause/ffw/rew issues (screen goes black for a good few seconds while audio plays, then catches up.. like sometimes 10 seconds.. well it feels like it)?

Prime and Choice TV on DVB-T both suffer from this (they're on the same Mux). Both those channels have a long audio delay in the transport stream 2-3 seconds, whereas other channels are around 250 milliseconds. This seems to cause a lot of blank screens while the audio keeps playing after skipping and fast forwarding.

The fix for me was to use the experimental TSreader from here (scroll down to version 73), then change the registry setting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team MediaPortal\TsReader\BufferingDelayInMilliSeconds to 250. Did this a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any problems since.

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks heaps.. much appreciated.. that owlsroost is pretty on to it huh?
    have installed and will try it out (prolly wont get a proper workout till tomorrow now).. interesting (to me) that it's worse (well so far, only noticeable) whilst programme content is being broadcast, and not so during adverts. I'd have expected the transmission delays to be consistent among the two.. but who knows..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom