Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't need to wait a few days. it is the Octimax DSP plugin not handling the data MusicPlayer is sending to it. Other DSP plugins are working. I think it is the large number of audio samples. My intermediate plugin shows the first chunk of data contains 7061 samples. Winamp always transfers 1152 samples or smaller.

I suspect MusicPlayer or BASS was modified for 1.4 or 1.3 to load audio in bigger chunks and that's what's caused it.

I'll modify my plugin to split the samples into smaller buffers to send to Octimax. I think that should do it.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with configuring DVB-IP? I've enabled an IPTV tuner and installed the updated IPTV plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/ but I'm unsure about how/what URLs to configure (I can't seem to scan any channels so far).

There's freetv.co.nz with links to free TV providers, and according to this Telecom NZ is trialing IPTV. I'm mainly trying to get German channels for a family member so I expect a VPN would be required, but meantime I'm keen to experiment with any IPTV known to work. Can anyone share a working M3U file, and/or any experiences?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello johns11

First, I should say that this thread seems to be turning into a one-stop-shop for all questions and issues reported by NZers, not just questions and issues related to NZ context (Freeview etc.) as was originally intended. I think you'd have better luck getting comments in other parts of the forum. Anyhow... :)

There's freetv.co.nz with links to free TV providers...
    I checked out a few of those links. They don't seem to be real IPTV - just streaming video like youtube. The IPTV "tuner" was designed for real IPTV - for example, an ISP providing TV via their network with URLs like rtp://1.2.3.4/channel1. It won't handle the freetv.co.nz links. To receive those you'd need to look at the OnlineVideos plugin.

...and according to this Telecom NZ is trialing IPTV.
    Link missing? :)

I'm mainly trying to get German channels for a family member so I expect a VPN would be required, but meantime I'm keen to experiment with any IPTV known to work. Can anyone share a working M3U file, and/or any experiences?
    Depends what the services are as to whether they would work even with a VPN. As above, the IPTV tuner is for services that are most commonly delivered by ISPs, so you'd need a fast connection to somebody who is connected to the ISP's network if it is truly IPTV. If it is just video streams, a VPN and OnlineVideos are the way to go.

mm

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mm

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hello johns11
    First, I should say that this thread seems to be turning into a one-stop-shop for all questions and issues reported by NZers, not just questions and issues related to NZ context (Freeview etc.) as was originally intended. I think you'd have better luck getting comments in other parts of the forum. Anyhow... :)

Well that seems a little bit harsh :( b:(ut maybe I didn't phrase it well. I figured others in New Zealand might be interested in sharing details of any IPTV options available from NZ, for example Telecom New Zealand (a passing mention is in the freetv.co.nz link) if such a trial exists, or potentially from overseas providers... yes I'm only interested in true IPTV (ok I should have researched the links properly before posting:eek:).

cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I wasn't intending to come across as harsh. The comment about the thread is just that - a throwaway opinion. Feel free to ignore it. :)

With regard to the IPTV tuner, how it works, example m3u files, and what it can be used for:
    As with many other things, there is some background in our wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...r_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/0_IPTV_(DVB-IP)

The best source of information is the thread you linked:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

On NZ IPTV in general and the use of the MP IPTV tuner to receive it:
    I guess the unwritten assumption on my part as a modestly well informed NZer who is very familiar with MediaPortal and the function of the tuner... my understanding is that the tuner/function is of little or no use to us at this point in time. In other words, I'm not aware of any widely available or popular IPTV services in NZ that could be received with the tuner. Maybe there are a few niche services like this:
    http://www.aucklandsatellitetv.co.nz/installation/IPTV.html

On Telecom IPTV:
    If Telecom are launching a service then it would be news to me. I see there are rumours over at Geekzone here:
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=127013

Geekzone would almost certainly be the place to get more info on that subject.

Hopefully that is more helpful (and friendly). :)

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Having looked for a relevant thread I haven't found one that looks any better than this one, and the advice from here is always pretty solid. I am renovating part of our house to make 4 rooms for B&B accommodation. I want to run MP on all the TVs running from a central server with TV cards and some locally stored content. While the accommodation would be for anyone, it also needs to be useable for wheelchair/spinal injured people (the aim is that it doesn't overtly look like it is). This means that small remotes etc may not be useable for people with poor fine motor control, so MP control would also need to be from either smart phone or tablet. As I would also like to run sky, I have been looking at 'Control4' as an option, and use this as a single remote control options for all media services (there is a control4 app for tabs/phones). All services on offer in the control4 main page, but then going into MP/sky etc and still controlling those as well with a single remote. It seems that this should be technically possible as control4 works with WMC and XBMC.
    So to the question: Has anyone used or know if control4 and MP make for happy partners and does this work within the NZ TV/sky/ context. I would also eventually like MP to run quickflix/coliseum services in the future.
    Apologies for the long winded question. Am happy to make this an individual conversation if someone would like to discuss at any length.
    Cheers.

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom