Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've set the registry entry to 300 and it appears to have resolved it for me. I tried 100 and 200 without success. But we haven't watched a full program yet with seeking over the ads. A couple of family members quite like Being Erica Sat 8:30 on Choice TV. Good Canadian series.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a heads up, but Prime has now shut down on Freeview's Transponder 12456

You will need to Re scan to pick Prime up off 12707

There are also three to choose from (Advertising Regions - Upper NI, Lower NI, SI)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone know much about Southern Cross 10 - Cairns?
    Ive just done a blind scan to get the new Prime setup etc, and this appeared:

Polarity - V
    Sym Rate: 5100
    Network ID: 12812
    Service ID: 2070
    Provider: Southern Cross Television

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've set the registry entry to 300 and it appears to have resolved it for me. I tried 100 and 200 without success. But we haven't watched a full program yet with seeking over the ads. A couple of family members quite like Being Erica Sat 8:30 on Choice TV. Good Canadian series.
    An update. 300 made a huge improvement for Choice TV, but now Prime is really bad. I had to give up trying to watch Under The Dome recording tonight as when I paused and restarted playback, the picture stayed still. After that no amount of seeking back or forward would bring it back. I've not had that issue with Prime before. I had to increase the buffer to 600ms to get a picture appear.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think PRIME have made [another] change to their encoding. I have no buffer configured, and PRIME picture won't even start for me tonight. That is a change from last night.

[edit: with LAV, even 600 ms wouldn't make PRIME start... but flick to Cyberlink PDVD 10 codec and all is fine]
    [edit2: Maori TV also seems to be problematic with LAV tonight]

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think PRIME have made [another] change to their encoding. I have no buffer configured, and PRIME picture won't even start for me tonight. That is a change from last night.

[edit: with LAV, even 600 ms wouldn't make PRIME start... but flick to Cyberlink PDVD 10 codec and all is fine]
    [edit2: Maori TV also seems to be problematic with LAV tonight]

Yes same issue here with prime. Getting a lot of flack from my brother and his gf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom