Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (2 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I had it working here for a while (about 6 months ago). I never use OnlineVideos myself but my wife used to, now she accesses TV on demand via the web. I guess she'll have to keep doing that because I've decided to give up on it too :(

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's a shame really. I like the idea of only accessing media through MediaPortal with my remote.

I only really used Onlinevideos for YouTube videos, but since the issue with not playing higher bitrate audio I don't even do that.

The idea of the plugin is a good one, but it requires a lot of collaboration with others updating the feeders into the sites and this just doesn't seem to be happening. And with site being regionalized it makes it even harder as only people in the particular country can update it.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi guys :)
    Looks like MediaPortal has big and well-organized community in New Zealand and I wonder why it is still not using our LogoManager for grabbing tv and radio logos?
    What are your cons?
    Looks like argus is very popular in New Zealnd and we will add support for it asap. Anything else?
    I will be happy to provide my help on any stage of maintaining repository if we will find volunteer for it

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like MediaPortal has big and well-organized community in New Zealand and I wonder why it is still not using our LogoManager for grabbing tv and radio logos?
    What are your cons?
    Looks like argus is very popular in New Zealnd and we will add support for it asap. Anything else?
    I will be happy to provide my help on any stage of maintaining repository if we will find volunteer for it
    Didnt even know it existed :)
    For me, and Im only guessing what LogoManager does, but with Freeview we only have a handful of channels and they dont change at all very often (more often channels being removed than added). For those with Sky, probably would be handy.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What are your cons?
    Didnt even know it existed :)
    For me, and Im only guessing what LogoManager does, but with Freeview we only have a handful of channels and they dont change at all very often (more often channels being removed than added). For those with Sky, probably would be handy.

But would be good to have them automatically download with this plugin. I also like the idea of being able to choose different styles too. For me, I prefer the white logos rather than the colour ones.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Guys, let's imagine everybody is so excited about using Logomanger for NZ logos. ;)
    So i just want to describe steps needed for doing this.
    1) We need "pack maintainers" - guys who could upload new logos to repository.
    2) We need repository. Curently almost all our packs are hosted at googlecode but every online place you know which could expose direct links to images will suit for it. For using googlecode maintainer will need to use tortoisesvn which is pretty simple.
    3) We need logos. As I see you have rounded color logos in wiki. With such logos you can't use such Logomanager's ability as applying design for logos. Only way will be choosing "Simple" design which will apply transparent design for existing logos so they will remain untouched. On the other hand, maybe creator of your current pack has source images with transparent background which will fit perfectly for LogoManager and those of you who prefer one design for all logos. Another way is to download transparent logos from lyngsat in which I could help since I have a script for this if pack maintainer will choose that way.
    Thanks ;)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll try here first.
    TVService just stopped today at 16:58. It's happened before on occasions. Attached are the only logs with today's date on them.

This time I happened to be in MP client on another PC looking at the TV Guide when I was informed access to the TV Server was lost. I see in the log a scheduled recording was starting at the time. I went to the TV Server PC and loaded the MP client to see if it was just a network issue, and it said please wait while starting the TV Service, so it had obviously stopped. The service shows as starting at 16:59.

I don't see anything that will give you any clues in the logs unfortunately.

I use to get something similar almost every day when I had the DVB EPG configured to update every 4 hours. I changed this to 12 hours some time ago and it hardly occurs now. After updating to a new version of MP, I switch this back to 4 hours to see if the issue has been fixed, but it still crashes regularly. I think there must be a something wrong with the DVB EPG in TV Server, or at least with my hardware. I only use it for DVB-S channels. I think if the EPG is being read when a scheduled recording is due to record, something goes wrong.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello rlevis

Please use the watchdog tool to grab log files. This will include the Windows application event log which can tell us the cause of the crash.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

If running a standalone TV Server you won't have the watchdog tool. In that case, please export the Windows application event log to CSV and post here.

mm

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP's TV Service used to stop working on me all of the time which didn't help with the WAF :mad:, so I created a "silent" BATCH file to check it was running every 15 minutes (you can set it to whatever you like) and restart it if it had stopped - never had a problem after that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom