Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your existing log files might well be sufficient if you could grab them...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Assuming we are talking about reasonably recent versions of TsReader, if it's playing a local (or remote via UNC paths) recording, TsReader should not stop playback until it reaches the physical end of the file i.e. it runs out of file data. If it's using RTSP then it's different, since that is driven by TV Server - it's reading the file and streaming it to TsReader.

When it stops short, does it return to the MP GUI - like a normal end-of-file situation - or just freeze ?

As MM says, we need logs to tell you more....

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Currently running 1.10.0 via UNC. TsReader does stop as if it's at the end of the file - returns to the Recorded TV list as usual.

Previous service logs are attached. I'm not sure now what day it last occurred I think it was a Sunday or Monday recording.

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      641.5 KB

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TsWriter.log only contain 24 hours, with a .bak with yesterdays entries. So those are long gone unfortunately. It'll have to wait until it occurs again, assuming I watch the program within 48 hours of it being recorded.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, understood. I thought you were going to grab the log files on Monday, in which case we might have caught something. No worries though. I'm happy to wait. :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hate to have to say this but whenever I have playback issues in MediaPortal I turn to Kodi and it just plays the files without any problem :cautious: I've spent hours over the years trying to overcome this problem in MP (including fresh installs) but if a file is "iffy" it doesn't matter what I do. A file that is unwatchable in MP due to tearing/frames being dropped/voice sync issues etc (I get combinations of these at least once or twice a week) will play fine in Kodi and the picture quality seems better overall too - pretty impressive for an application that requires no setup other than me enabling the Argus TV plugin.

All of which bums me out because I prefer MediaPortal and would much rather I didn't have to have a standby application to play these files but at the end of the day I built the HTPC predominantly for TV/Video functionality and when Mepo doesn't cut it I have to go elsewhere :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Bleazle
    I only have one response to your post: if you prefer MediaPortal then I implore you to lodge a full bug/problem report.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Logs just from when the file is playing or when the recording was made? Ideally I guess both?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom