Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (6 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone know where the XMLTV mappings data is stored. If it's in a database then that's too much hassle, but if it's a text file of some kind then I wish to edit it manually. The user interface is a nightmare to use when there are lots of the same channels coming from different sources or satellite frequencies.

Adding this new Wimbledon popup channel is going to take me 10 minutes in the XMLTV config as I have to blank out the automatic guide channel selections for the channels that are not in the TV Guide (unchecked), as otherwise when you Search for a program or ask for Upcoming programs in MP, you end up with dozens of the same program on channels you never want to use.

Using the interface also wipes out the mappings for popup channels which are not currently in use so not in the XML file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyone know where the XMLTV mappings data is stored.
    It is stored in TV Server's database.

If it's in a database then that's too much hassle, but if it's a text file of some kind then I wish to edit it manually.
    Databases are as easy to edit as text files. Just find a GUI-based editor that suits you.

The user interface is a nightmare to use when there are lots of the same channels coming from different sources or satellite frequencies.
    Perhaps you could start a new thread here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/improvement-suggestions.46/

...and explain what you're talking about in more detail, because I sure don't understand what you're talking about.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I posted a suggestion to that forum just before I noticed your post.

I guess you don't use the XMLTV plugin. I take it Mediaportal still doesn't support the MHEG-5 EPG.

My suggestion won't help with popup channel mappings being removed, but at least adding the channel back later will be easier.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've heard others are accessing a Channel Nine in Oz on Optus D1 recently. I can't find it in a scan which may mean it's not available currently, but has been a lot over the last few months apparently.

I wanted to enter the details manually into the TV Tuner but I'm lost with all the ID's and perhaps someone can help.

Someone on Geekzone said their tuner details showed this...
    PID:V 308 A 256 P 308 SID 1185
    Satellite: K_Optus_D1
    Transponder: 12384/V/3750
    PID SID=04A1, PID=020, VPID=0134

More details on here which may help...
    http://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D1.html

I need to match those details to the
    Network ID: 169?
    Transport ID: 8?
    Service ID: 1185?
    PMT PID: 308?

Also confused with the 12384(000) as others have said the frequency is 12381000 with Symbol rate 37500.

Do I have those correct?

other details I have set...
    Polarization: Vertical
    Modulation: QPSK
    Inner FEC Rate: 2/3
    Pilot: No Set
    Roll-Off: Not Set

Thanks.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi rlevis

I happened upon channel Nine this afternoon, and it's working well so far.
    Attached file shows my tuning details for that channel, which was from a scan on my DVD-S2 card.

Hope this helps, good luck

Attachments

• nine.JPG
      nine.JPG
      52.6 KB

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That did the trick. Ta much! I think my main problem may have been the Symbol rate which I had entered as 37500. Not sure why it doesn't turn up in a full scan.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    i've put in a TBS6982 dvb-s/s2 card. scanned for freeview channels and although they all come up, i only receive TV1,2, maori channel. Prime, four and most others I get a error 'previewfailed:unknownerror'. I've scanned Ku-circular, linear (universal), and C-band. Wondered if there are any other settings I need to tweak.
    I had a TT-budget S2, but removed that because it produces a blocky image and squeaks with live TV. Running on W7
    Thanks for any help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds like you may have signal strength or quality problems. The blocky image you were getting from your TechnoTrend tuner is just further evidence. My recommendation is to fix the problem at the source (ie. get the dish alignment, LNB and cabling checked).

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That did the trick. Ta much! I think my main problem may have been the Symbol rate which I had entered as 37500. Not sure why it doesn't turn up in a full scan.

I was expecting HD since it is using DVB-S2 technology, but unfortunately it's plain SD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom