Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (1 Viewer)

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I tried updating TSWriter and posted it on a New Zealand forum where a few people were struggling with the EPG but there was no response. There's a TS dump in the first page which might be of some use to you. EPG Collector's GBR and NZL Huffman dictionaries were the same apart from a space on line 161.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is TVE3 unfrozen?

Let's put it this way - there will be some updates to TVE3 in the next pre-release of MP1, particularly relating to some long-standing issues with DVB EPG handling.

I tried updating TSWriter and posted it on a New Zealand forum where a few people were struggling with the EPG but there was no response. There's a TS dump in the first page which might be of some use to you. EPG Collector's GBR and NZL Huffman dictionaries were the same apart from a space on line 161.

OK, thanks.

I've now added all the New Zealand 'Network_ID' (ONID) I can find in the official DVB list - see DVB Services - identifiers - to the Huffman encoded EPG data 'whitelist' in TsWriter.ax

The ONID I've added are (in hex):

#define ONID_NZ_SKY_SAT 0xA9
    #define ONID_NZ_TVNZ 0x2F
    #define ONID_NZ_DTT 0x222A
    #define ONID_NZ_SKY_DTT 0x2B00 // According to Wikipedia, this is used for 'Igloo' but is registered to Sky

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If you are feeling brave, attached is new TsWriter.ax with above mods included (v.3.1.33.28) :)

In theory this should be compatible with TV Server 1.16 - 1.20.

(Note - as far as I know - TVE3 only supports off-air EIT EPG data collection from DVB streams, not MHEG5)

EDIT: attached file changed to v.3.1.33.28 due to minor memory leak in original v.3.1.33.27 version

Attachments

• TsWriter_3.1.33.28.zip
      175.9 KB
    Last edited:

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm using EPG Collector currently and don't want to change configurations until I know it works. Does it provide a full weeks EPG for Sky channels?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'm using EPG Collector currently and don't want to change configurations until I know it works. Does it provide a full weeks EPG for Sky channels?

I've no idea (I live in the UK) - it's going to depend on what the NZ broadcasters provide as DVB 'EIT' (standard) EPG data. As I understand it, the main NZ Freeview EPG stream is in non-standard MHEG5 format, which TVE3 doesn't support at present.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Freeview (terrestrial) got a 7 day compressed EIT EPG, in addition to the MHEG5 one, when their FreeviewPlus brand started at the end of 2015. mm1352000's description of it contains some caveats for those not using Auckland or Whangarei transmitters.
    Freeview Satellite also has 7 day EIT and MHEG5 EPGs but without Huffman encoding.
    Sky is using OpenTV for the 7 day EPG and EIT for now and next (not encoded).
    Igloo closed last year (mm again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom