Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (3 Viewers)

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't say I'm proud of the code, but it works, and might survive any other solution that appears.
    Hey it looks like a fine solution to me. Only better I could think of is if the description is actually transmitted twice at 2 discrete "packets" in which case it would be better to fix when the EPG is grabbed. but "6 of 1 half a dozen of the other" I'd say go a head and submit it.

Can anyone point me to the right place to lodge this bug
    1.0 RC1 and SVN Builds - MediaPortal Forum

Does anyone use a standard Sky disk to get Optus D2?
    No but I've always wondered how this might work, I've not got a dual LNB so can't try it, I think these LNBs use 22Khz to switch, whereas TVServer provides 22Khz switch for a single LNB with 2 LOFs. so try setting both LOFs the same in TV Server and setting the switch to 0, that way TVServer will always send the 22khz, now try to scan D2. It's a long shot, but it might just work, if it does then a patch to switch LNBs shouldn't be too hard and I'd be happy to give it a go.

I was going to log a bug report but I haven't found any reference to it in non NZ posts
    You might log it as a bug report anyway, MediaPortal should detect and correct these sorts of problems :)

Can anyone point me to the right place to lodge this bug
    1.0 RC1 and SVN Builds - MediaPortal Forum

maybe with an honourable mention in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/help-us-getting-those-dvb-epg-issues-fixed-32652/ ?

And it's a problem for TVE2 users as well (and no comments about living in the past please :) )

OK, bug report lodged here. Hopefully this adequately describes this issue.

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "grab epg from dvb" not working

Hi there. the 'grab epg from dvb' option for dvb-s stops the 'my tv' from turning on/working.

Is this something that doesnt work for freeview??

update: turns out I didnt have the lastest version of MP (how time flies)
    Uninstall & upgrade & now everything works, except MKV playback which worked on the old version.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there. the 'grab epg from dvb' option for dvb-s stops the 'my tv' from turning on/working.

Is this something that doesnt work for freeview??
    No it should be fine I'm using it here. What are your system specs MP/TVServer versions?

Scott1234

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/problem-dvb-subtitles-40604/

Because I don't want to upset my stable system unnecessarily, can anyone in NZ confirm whether the SVN linked to by Tourettes works for page 801?

Thanks

I didn't get any responses, so I installed the 13 June SVN (and Monochrome at the same time) to test whether teletext p801 works. It does. Perfect now. I just press the yellow button at the bottom of my hauppague remote which cycles the subtitle options through on screen, until p801 is chosen.

frandrew

October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WRT the doubling up of the EPG descriptions, I think it is a Freeview only problem. I receive Freeview in both DVB-S and DVB-T format, using the Freeview EPG for the DVB-S channels, and the Sky EPG to pair with the Freeview DVB-T channels. The descriptions appear perfectly from Sky's EPG, and are often more detailed than the Freeview ones. I also find that often the Freeview EPG entries seem to be truncated, and that their description of programme type (e.g. Game show, Drama, etc) is not as accurate. They certainly have room for improvement in the quality of EPG info they provide!

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't get any responses, so I installed the 13 June SVN (and Monochrome at the same time) to test whether teletext p801 works. It does. Perfect now. I just press the yellow button at the bottom of my hauppague remote which cycles the subtitle options through on screen, until p801 is chosen.

Thanks for the heads up. Howver I tried this with my Microsoft MCE remote and it didn't work, had a look at remote mappings and it seemed to be set properly. Using the same SVN. Will try with my Nova T remote when I have time.

Edit: I should try a bit harder before I post. Found and checked 'Enabled DVB subtitls' and it worked. Well done guys

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a quick question: What is the best settings for Comskip launcher under Tv Server, i did have it working a while back but can't remember my settings and now i've updated to newer version i have lost the old settings ( I did a clean install)

I think the only change I made to the default settings (after installing comskip) where to set the "detect_method=111", which seemed to work for me. I can post the whole file if you need it, but try that and see how you get on.

ooops browser must have dropped into a much earlier thread...

Cheers Mike

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ooops browser must have dropped into a much earlier thread...
    :D:D

Speaking of comskip, shame it won't work with h.264, anyone got the skills to hack up the source to include decoder support?

btw Mike have you had any luck getting Optus D2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom