Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    =logo4.png

I've upaded NZ TV Thumbnailer to Version 1.4 Alpha

Features:
    Search local folder for premade tv show thumbnails
    Search fanart.tv and thetvdb for recording thumbnails
    Use premade channel thumbnail if no image found above
    Use ffmpeg to create thumbnails if no channel image available
    (better than mtn.exe which fails on h264 recordings)

Download:
    TV Thumbnailer ALPHA 1.4.ZIP
    NZTV Addon Images.ZIP

Installation:
    Download files above and install to any directory
    Run setup.cmd
    Drag a single .ts file ontop of tvThumbnailer.cmd to test it is working
    Drag your TV Recordings folder and drop it on top of tvThumbnailer.cmd
    See Wiki for further details
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ns/3_Plugins/TV-Server_Plugins/TV_Thumbnailer

Updating from a previous version:
    Delete old installation, extract to any location, run setup.cmd

Enjoy

Please message me if any problems

Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @kiwijunglist: Thanks for the tips you gave me for sorting out my audio issues. It hasn't completely solved the problem but it's 100% better than before. I can't understand why it still happens every now and then though (and started doing it out of the blue in the first case) - computers :mad:

@all: I've got another issue which has recently cropped up: I'm getting a lot of recordings (DVB-S) on which the sound is O.K. but the picture freezes (for around 3 seconds) then jumps to where the audio is - this will happen continually through an affected recording with the picture playing OK for a up to a minute before it pauses then jumps. According to my wife it looks like it might only be recordings from TV One that are having this problem (which means it's mainly only her recordings. that are affected..) Has anyone got any ideas on what might be happening and what I can do to sort this out?

Cheers

Bleazle

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...it's not very often no one has any ideas on this thread... doesn't look good for my TV One recordings then.. :(

I have attached 2 Comskip log files from 2 shows which have the issue mentioned above - both of these files have the following sorts of messages in them:

Audio PTS jumped 49 frames at frame 57, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 48 frames at frame 119, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 49 frames at frame 181, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 49 frames at frame 243, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 49 frames at frame 306, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 47 frames at frame 368, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 50 frames at frame 429, repairing timeline
    Audio PTS jumped 48 frames at frame 492, repairing timeline

& every now and then one like this:

Video PTS jumped 2 frames at frame 18, repairing timeline

and "Wildest India_TV ONE" is mentioned a few times in the attached MediaPortal log but I've got no idea what any of it is trying to tell me (n)

Hopefully something in amongst this stuff makes sense to someone..

Attachments

• Wildest India_TV ONE.zip
      72.9 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Bleazle, hope you get this one sorted. I'd not heard of Comskip until I started to use kiwijunglist's thumbnailer app. It looks really good, and I am keen to follow your trials with it so please do report back on your success or otherwise.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Blair

I've been using Comskip for years (for DVB-S recordings) and it's great - it doesn't get it right 100% of the time but in general it just works - the adds start, click skip once and the ads are gone :) You can set MP to skip the ads automatically if you have Comskip installed but I prefer to do it manually for the odd occasion where it gets it wrong and you end up jumping too far.

I'm pretty certain that the issues I have at the moment with regard to TV One recordings don't have anything to do with Comskip - all Comskip does is scan the recording file and look for indications that there are ads showing (black frames, channel logo etc) I just put those logs up because it showed that Comskip has logged that something is wrong in the recordings.

I think Kiwijunglist is using Comskip with DVB-T and by the sounds of it he's got it working so maybe I'll have to look at making the switch - unfortunately I'm not sure if I can get the DVB-T signal because I'm stuck behind a little hill in Pukekohe :(

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah comskip works fine for DVB-T you just gotta pay USD $10 for the donator version. It detects around 80-90% of the commercial end points without any calibration. I haven't tried fine tuning it to improve the detection rate. It's actually really easy to setup, takes around 2 minutes or less.

Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This will be of interest to 4TR users:

"dot-i and Code Competence would like to announce that they are parting ways and that the For The Record project has come to an end, effective immediately."

... the forum is gone and everything... :eek: but there are links to follow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom