Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
Sigh!
I'm trapped using .0.2.0, well at least until payday!
As you can see from my signature I'm using an ATI board (might I suggest to anyone never ever buy they're products and if you have BURN IT) :)

Anyway, I plan on changing the card out this payday, hopefully to a NVTV possibly but no telling yet! After that I'm change over to the latest release.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
NVTV? is that a nvidia card? I've read some people have had trouble with nvidia dual turner cards? I may talking about some different? Make sure you check it out :)

Lomax

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Sydney
Home Country
I've only every used tv server 3 and found it unusable. I've got 2 Leadtek DTV1000T cards. Slow channel changes, freezes, and skip back to the start of timeshift buffer upon channel changing are among my issues.

Forget adding features, just get the thing working!

I'm going to give the old TV engine 2 a try....

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
January 28, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
None :(

My ATI Theater 650 isnt found in the TV Classic and fails to work correctly under TV-Server 3 (It won't scan any channels in the configuration menu which seems like a common problem with this card and the 550 which has yet to be fixed in TV-Server 3.)

ddtx

June 19, 2007
I am using the latest svn as of monday for client/server. i have found it's more stable to have a client and server seperate and stream over the network to the client in the mytv. i have a hauppage pvr 150 and a dvico fusion gold 5. the dvico doesn't work work it will tune the first channel and then stay on that channel until you exit mytv but you can still switch back to the hauppage and get out of that failure scenario. i can't get epg over the air to map correctly on the dvico card because zap2it plugin has issues and overwrites all channels even if you configure it not too, just a bad design on the plugin. you should be able to assign schedules zap2it specifically per card not universally.

overall i use the latest svn's as my pvr and it works ok. i have a book of nice to haves i would like to see changed on the user interface but once you dink with it you can figure out the basics.

the #1 feature i really need is a flash back button so i can jump back to the last channel and then back again. i'm a channel changer. is there already a function i can map to?

top 2 bugs are the way channels are mapped. i suspect it's a zap2it db issue. if you type channel 46 in you will get sent to 43. it's always 3 channels off on my box. it's probably a database design issue? the other bug is with hd programming on the server. with the dvico bda at least i can not watch HD on the local server. I only get a black screen w/audio. tuning getting stuck on one channel is still an issue here too.

would love to lend a hand. i'm a sql/.net c# guy.

-Dave

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    ddtx (aka Dave) - Welcome aboard. I recommend getting on the IRC to talk with the developers. Depending on your timezone it maybe difficult to find the time that works for you and that they are on the chat due to the many different nations that the devlopers come from. But I am sure they would like to have more help. Find an area that you think needs some work - talk with the developers to make sure no one else is also working in that area and dig in!

Mike

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the #1 feature i really need is a flash back button so i can jump back to the last channel and then back again.
    I think you're looking for this: Configuration/General/Keys and Sounds/Windows/Fullscreen TVs/Zap to last viewed Channel. Looks like it's "Z" by default but I use "0". Not sure why it works :)

IceHappy

Portal Member
    July 7, 2006
    Devon England
    Home Country
    Thanks for shedding light on the two TV Engines

ATTENTION!

i am realy surprised that the majority of the users are still thinking that the client / server architecture is the only pro of the TV-Server. :confused:

thats why i did a very quick (and not complete)
    TV-Engines comparaison
    -->>here<<--

Thank you for the comparison. I must say I did not realize the power of TV Server over TV that comes with MP 0.2.3.0! Once I receive my new Pinnacle DVB-T Dual I will be installing the Server TV Engine. Thanks for the work for those of us did not consider comparing the two engines....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom