Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

kevon27

Portal Pro
January 26, 2006
I've stopped using myTV because it is unstable and causes problems with the other plugin's my video, etc.

Now that I have HD tv via Directv HD, myTv is kinda useless.
I'm just gonna invest in a Directv HD DVR and just use MP as a Video Juke box, internet radio machine.

dale_mac

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I use the old 0.2.2 TV engine.
It works fine for my needs. I use Media Portal for watching, recording & viewing recorded TV and watching DVDs all through my surround amp and big TV.
It works a treat. Great product.

thinkfta

Portal Member
June 9, 2005
20 mi SO of BFE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My opinion about MP MyTV

Well, you asked for it . . . .;>

My TV works pretty good in .2.2.0, but seems to have a long way to go in .3;

My suggestions for TVE3:

Get ATI 550/650 Theatre PRO cards working

Tried software-based Pinnacle TV pro - didn't work either.

[if you need, i have one of each to LEND you for testing]

I'm not much of a programer, so at least i can help you out this way...

think(ing)fta

trucker0wern

Portal Member
March 8, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
have tried again the lattest svn of 0.3 but it stil does not want to work
first i have tried the mirsofto sql and than mysql both didn't work (doesn't get it to work)

i like to see a option when you start 0.3 for the first time where you can select multiseat, single seat, normal

whit the normal you don't have to instal micirosft and mysql
than whe have the benefit of the 0.2 and whe have the new features of 0.3

because whit me the pc wouldn't let it work good
ps thanks to the server option
i can't set whits channels i wan't that is whay i like to stick whit the 0.2 and wait whil 0.3 is also better and whit normal option so that i can have it also

Xaviar

Portal Member
December 10, 2006
Home Country
The Free-to-Air channels in Oz are packaged with digital Pay-TV which has a pretty good EPG built-in, but is pretty well encrypted so until something like Floppy DTV is capable of running Foxtel (or Austar or Optus) with a legitimate smart-card there's little point as the SD/HD quality difference is meaningless when the actual FtA programme quality's so poor for such a small number of channels. As soon as I can run my cable TV from the computer though, I'll be running MyTV.

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there!

My TV is about the only plugin (besides My Video) that I use. My Pictures is used occasionally when I want to show pics in the living room from flash-cars.
Music and Radio - I could live without them. Movie-DB Never figured out how this works and what it helps me???

Greetings,
Stefan

sputnik

February 1, 2007
The movie DB always been non working for me.

It appears to go off and download REAMS AND REAMS of useless material about all vids, actors, etc etc etc...

Be nice if it could download a cover image, and a quick blurb about the movie. Given up using it.

ScaryBob

Portal Member
March 25, 2007
London, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
The main reason I need a media player is to provide a good, stable, reliable interface for media. There is little OTA worth watching here and no ATSC so MyTV is pretty much useless. A user friendly, reliable interface to all modules is the major concern, whether it is video, music, radio, pictures or TV.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tried the TVengine3 several times, in different stages of development. I have a single seated configuration.
I keep coming back to the integrated engine because the TVengine3 has way to much overhead compared to the advantages for me. The only real advantage so far is that files are no longer recorded in dvr format. But I don't even realy use that option because there is no solid option to burn the files to a DVD or CD. This is a part in MP that is missing and deserves a lot more attention then it's getting at this point.
At this moment the TVengine3 is much more complicated to install and configure, uses a lot more recourses because of the SQL server and is less stable (I know it's in development... I'm not complaining). So I'm sticking with the, flawlessly functioning, 'old' engine.

Of course I can see the obvious advantages of using TVengine3 in a multiseated configuration. But I'm not using that advantage, so I'm just reflecting my opnion on my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom