Calling all users: Post your GUI inconsistencies (1 Viewer)

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to clean up any GUI inconsistencies in MP. I've gotten a few, but I don't use all of the features of MP on a regular basis. Currently, I'm limiting this thread to 4:3 Blue Two.

Please only report bugs if you are using an SVN after SVN13518. Several have been cleaned up since the last release.

What I'm looking for:

1. Text that does not fit in a text box
    2. Text that erroneously overlays graphics
    3. Graphics that overlay graphics
    4. Incorrectly placed text or graphics
    5. General ugliness
    6. GUI does not perform the expected behavior

What I'm not looking for:

1. Opinions on what would look/work better
    2. Statements that the GUI is too slow, too clunky, etc.

Criteria for posting in this thread:

If the problem is described by 1-5, please give the screen name, the way to get to the screen if it is not a main screen (especially if it is difficult to get to), and a screenshot of the problem. You can get free webpages from googlepages.com if you don't want to attach it here. I would suggest Irfanview if you do not have an image editor.

If the problem is described by 6, please clearly post what the problem is, and exactly how one would reproduce it.

Obviously, I haven't described all of the problems, so I somewhat leave it up to your discretion. However, if it isn't a bug and it doesn't contain the criteria stated above, I'll delete the reply from this thread. If you have a question, please phrase it in the form of a bug :D. Thanks.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok here goes :) :) 13476 SVN

1: the home2 screen ( the rotating one), when playing a file there is no thumb in the lower corner, when no file is playing there is a black box. SO its kind of reversed ( not fixed in 13747)

2:when getting info from allmusic reviews(the yellow button) in my music, while displaying the info and hitting back on the MCE remote the txt sometimes stays on top

3: in the my music the radiostations steams still will not be saved in the custom order. (see bug in bug report)

4:The web adress of internet audiostreams and trailers is displayed in the botom corner which looks very ugly, This should be just the name of the trailer and or radiostation in stead of the whole URL which can be very long)

5: when 2 identical mp3's are in the same playlist removing 1 results in removing both even when 1 is playing, thus the music stops

6: just playing a mp3 results getting the track which is playing getting highlighted, when continuing to browser through shares and switching between DB view and share view, the next tracks which come after the selected track will not get highlighted when going back at the tracklist you started in

8 the wait cursor is still not displayed allways when MP is waiting, say in the root of films and movies

11 a default blue page should be displayed when a skin is not found in stead of the ugly black text

12 in music using filmstrip the album art is not shown in filmstrip to view,only at the bottom
    row

13 in fulscreen visualization the pop-up album track box is very slow to appear and disappear

14: in the playing now screen if there ar 12 tracks and MP is playing the 12th track there is still a message of the next track, namely the current one, which is wrong cos MP will stop playing after the 12th track

15: sometimes or often, when getting CD album info from allmusic the gui stalls and I have the wait for the music track which I am playin as I am getting album info for another album to finish an the the gui of the all-music search is released.

16: when ripping a CD from the CDdrive and playing the CD at the same time results in a not responsive gui ( a 100% CPU load ) and eventually MP crashes

17: the filmstrip view in pictures does not always work with all jpg's ( MP should suggest to make thumb is they are not present is stead of showing a black screen

18: making picture thumbs can not be aborted: the thumb making continues in the background making MP GUI very slow or non responsive

OK this is it for now :D

somegeneral stuff

in general: the overlays are not allways cleared corectly when swichting from one "plugin" to another. PLz make the switching between modules clean instead of overlays being displayed twice or not being cleared at all, espcially when hitting the back button

Music browsing and adding the playlist is a nightmare, why are there 3 buttons to change view. and 4 ways to view your music:
    There are four different ways of how the information about your music collection can be displayed by MediaPortal.

* How you access your music collection
    * How this information is displayed in Mediaportal
    * How big the Icons are you click on and how they are sorted
    * How you browse through your music collection

normal people dont know the difference between database mode and shares at dont understand these 4 different "views"

I wrote a wiki page on organizing music
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/UsingMyMusic
    but the browsing and adding of music to a playlist I think can be improved greatly, say a split screen for instance

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    PPL, please stick to the topic!

No discussion about functions, opinions or anything else! Only GUI-related stuff.

Regards

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Stig,

I love MediaPortal but it has always bothered me that when a recording starts on another channel, the GUI changes from Fullscreen Tv to the first TV screen i.e. TV windowed with menu options (i.e. record, search, scheduled, etc) on the left hand side.
    As far as I can tell this is the way MP has always functioned since at least late 2005 when I started using MP. That functionality has a low WAF and KAF (kid appreciation factor).

I have to say thanks for all your efforts Stig and all of the other Devs. Mp is the best HTPC software I have used.

Cheers,

Nick Name.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you to those who are sticking to the format. I will be cleaning up this thread as time permits so it can stay focused.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    19: no progress bar in scanning( adding music to dB)

JohannesJahn

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV - OSD: Character very little

Hello,

if I watch TV and show me the OSD, I can see the title and a view words about the story. The character of this are too litte. I´m sitting about 3 m away from my TV and I can´t read the story.

Greetings
    Johannes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom