Can MP TV plugin tell me that i have no free disk space for timeshifting? (1 Viewer)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
as topic says, i want to see if this happens.
Yesterday WAF for MP sunk just because she cannot watch TV - any attempt to use it lead to 10 seconds not happening anything (not even wait cursor!) ant then came notification window with name and logo of selected channel, that haven't told though what is happening and shoult she try it again, ot if it has failed, etc.
I am using MP 1.13 Pre with DefaultWideHD skin

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Thanks mm.
Is there any chance to see that TV plugin has ongoing request (e.g. first tune can take up to 10 seconds)? So it would be possible to at least show wait cursor in MP GUI.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So it would be possible to at least show wait cursor in MP GUI.
    No, because the request is synchronous. That means the GUI is not updated until the request is completed (either success or fail). In order to show a cursor, the request would have to be made asynchronously.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    No, because the request is synchronous. That means the GUI is not updated until the request is completed (either success or fail). In order to show a cursor, the request would have to be made asynchronously.

@Sebastiii has a asynchronous version of the TvPlugin, if I remember.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you may try to fiddle with "DriveFreeSpace" plugin then probably MP1 can show you if there is enough space left for timeshifting. But it's long ago since I've used it and I'm not sure if it is working with more recent versions of MP1.
    How this plugin could look like, you can see in the upper left corner of this old screenshot, right below the next scheduled recordings:
    screen-1-jpg.120385

This is the most basic options I've chosen, only telling me that there is approx 23 hours left for HD recordings on my recordings drive. But you also can have a progress-bar or much more details about the free space. It's all up to you. And you can add those informations at any place you like, even in the OSD.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

@Sebastiii has a asynchronous version of the TvPlugin, if I remember.

Yep based on @gibman work (TVE3.5) it works quite nicely (for sure i can't revert it) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom