Can not display more than 3 hours (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, I haven't seen this particular request before. However, I fairly regularly see "mouse-related" requests. This one is the previous one [for the ability to "scrub" (skip to a specific point in time) by clicking on a position on the progress bar]:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/user-design-feedback.131614/

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can't be that many
    well, do you really use keyboard when watching movie with e.g. WMP, or mpc-hc, or VLC? people coming from WLC often use mouse only (not even remote!)
    Well all i can say is we are not WMC so currently either use a remote or keyboard or have a dev implement controls that are added to guide when " use special mouse controls " option is enabled.
    Questioning me on how i use other software won't help the situation will it, i also would not use any of those if i was using a htpc sitting on my sofa i would choose a remote or keyboard like 99% of others.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @wizard123
    The reason why I asked for designers' input is because I have very limited awareness of what control types are available, what would be best for implementing a solution, what is required to add a new control etc. Maybe that surprises you, I don't know. Anyhow, so far your comments haven't helped to answer those questions. If you can help by providing some of that information then I'd be grateful. Otherwise I guess we have to accept things won't change.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    My last comment kind of did answer, there is an option in config to enable special mouse controls for mouse users. A control would need adding to this option for a scrollbar in guide screen but would need to be done in code as there is nothing available already as far as im aware for guide panel.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...there is an option in config to enable special mouse controls for mouse users.
    Ahhh, right. So you're talking about the setting here?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...MediaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#GUI_Settings

I'd never noticed that setting before, so when I read your previous post I didn't know what you were talking about. ;)

A control would need adding to this option for a scrollbar in guide screen...
    To be clear: are you saying that you think a conditionally visible scrollbar is the best choice from an interface design perspective? I thought maybe left and right buttons which were visible for everybody could be a possibility...

...but would need to be done in code as there is nothing available already as far as im aware for guide panel.
    Again, I'm sorry but you're going to have to treat me as if I know nothing. ;)
    When you say "done in code", do you mean:
    • that an existing control type (eg. guide grid) needs to be modified to add a scrollbar, OR...
    • that "something" (I don't know what) needs to be done in the TV plugin guide code to make it possible for skinners to add a scrollbar in the screen, OR...
    • something else
    Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I wasn't kidding when I said I have "limited awareness"... ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    To be clear: are you saying that you think a conditionally visible scrollbar is the best choice from an interface design perspective? I thought maybe left and right buttons which were visible for everybody could be a possibility...
    Well i would not want them visible in my skin to be honest as mine are not designed for mouse users hence why i would add it too the "special" option in config. Could be scroll or buttons though.

that an existing control type (eg. guide grid) needs to be modified to add a scrollbar, OR...
    Yes if you add it to the "special" option

that "something" (I don't know what) needs to be done in the TV plugin guide code to make it possible for skinners to add a scrollbar in the screen, OR...
    Yes if you just make some button controls that are linked to left/right for guide panel available to implement by the skinners.

The guide screen is severely limited as nearly all of it is hard coded i.e. skinners can't change a lot layout wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom