Can not rename menus in Titan Editor (1 Viewer)

roovalley

Portal Member
July 10, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey - In the Titan Skin Configuration tool it looks like I should be able to rename menus. i.e. I have the OnlineVideos plugin as a main menu item that I just use for Netflix and would like to rename it 'Netflix'. Similarly the MPsteam plugin I want to rename 'Steam'.

I can type in these name and save my changes by when I run MP the names have not changed.

I have also tried editing the strings_en.xml file (ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language) but this makes no difference.

I've searched through these forums but can't see why I can't rename these menus. Can someone help please?

Thanks! :)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Not sure if this is correct, you could give it a try. Maybe clearing the skin cache may force the changes to show. It's in the relevent skin folder.

roovalley

Portal Member
July 10, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the reply. I can't see anything resembling a cache in the skin folder.

As a side note is what I want to do actually possible? Can I rename the menus as described?

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
To tell you the truth, I didn't really play around with Titan for long. I just know from experience that some skins require a rebuild of the cache.

Do a search for cache in Windows I can't remember exactly where it is.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The cache is stored in the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache. Delete the respective TItan sub-directory and the cache will be rebuilt at the next start of MP.

roovalley

Portal Member
    July 10, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks guys. Found the folder and cleared it but still no go. I uninstalled Titan Extended and other extensions, rebooted, reinstalled again. Still not working.

I spat the dummy and uninstalled Media Portal entirely and reinstalled everything and was then able to rename the menus! However I could not change category i.e Movies, Radio etc which alters the icon used. Also as a side note after the reinstall there was an unrelated issue with MySQL so TV would not work.

Long story short I did yet another full uninstall / reinstall and TV is now working. I'm yet to reinstall the extensions but will do so later this evening and let you know the outcome. Thanks again :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have also tried editing the strings_en.xml file (ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language) but this makes no difference.
    Which language uses the media portal?

roovalley

Portal Member
    July 10, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Which language uses the media portal?
    I'm using English.
    --- Post updated ---
    OK so after a reinstall I can now rename the menus! Things are looking good. But.. There's always a but....

Within the Titan Extended configuration tool when I add OnlineVideos to the menu it is possible to select a service to load automatically, instead of displaying all the services in a listed menu. I want it to load up Netflix and I was able to do this before I reinstalled (when I was having the issues of renaming)

So it seems there's some sort of bug where this tool does not save your settings. There must be some sort of XML file that I can edit manually? Would this be the case?

bradl822

Portal Member
    January 17, 2013
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey, I know this doesn't exactly solve the method you are trying however this is a handy alternative I use.

Titan will appear per below:
    mp.jpg

Note: This will remove radio from Titan, also note I use default Titan.

I use plugin browsetheweb. I setup the settings as per below.

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

The attached is a modified xml file ('BasicHome.xml', simply dump into your skin file)

(e.g. 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan')

Then save the below file into the skin media file, overwriting duplicates.
    (e,g, 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\media')
    basichome_button_radio.png
    Finally ensure you clear MP cache. Delete the Titan folder
    (e,g, 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache')

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      23.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom