RunningPanther

Portal Pro
April 28, 2017
McKinney,TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:

Description
I think I have 2.1 Media Portal 2 I am really not sure, but when I click on the Live TV Icon it attempts to load and then stays stuck on loading I need help and that same icon dose not even stay highlighted in light blue as it is stuck on loading. I have also emailed you(my email is RunningPantherr@hotmail.com)telling you that I need help setting up my live tv because I am not sure if I did everything correctly because there seems to be so much to do.

Steps to Reproduce:
As I have stated to you up above, after I setup Media Portal Live TV as best as I know how I then go in the Media Portal and click on the Live TV it attempts to load and then stays stuck on loading and the icon itself dose not stay highlighted.

Attachments

• Media Portal 2 Live TV Stays stuck on loading.PNG
    Media Portal 2 Live TV Stays stuck on loading.PNG
    2.8 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The screenshot is from MediaPortal 1 !!

Are you attempting to connect to a MediaPortal 2.1 server installation with a MP1-client? This will not work.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @RunningPanther ,

Is this your first contact with MediaPortal? Then you need to decide which version you would like to use, MediaPortal 1 or MediaPortal 2. The above screenshot suggests that you have been installing MediaPortal 1. Could you tell us the name of the installer file that you used to install the software?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The screenshot is from MediaPortal 1 !!
    No, it is not. It is from a very old MP 2.0 version (wonder where he got it from) with Titanium skin. You can see it on the breadcrumb menu on top. The Titanium skin was abandoned long ago and replaced by "Titanium Extended" theme for BlueVision...

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    This in not Media Portal 1 it is Media Portal 2 that much I do know so Lehmden is right he know what he is talking about. So for the rest of you let me show that this is Media Portal 2 look at the screen shots. I want somebody from the Media Portal 2 team here to help me with this there is alot I still don't understand and I am f**king frustrated. I click the contact us link and emailed you here with my phone number and everything nobody responded

Attachments

• Media Portal 2 Install.PNG
      Media Portal 2 Install.PNG
      697.6 KB
    • Media Portal 2.jpg
      Media Portal 2.jpg
      2.6 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your version is very old. I suggest that you uninstall what you have now and then install MediaPortal 2.1.

I click the contact us link and emailed you here with my phone number and everything nobody responded
    Support is only provided here in the forum ;)

Last edited:

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I need freaking need hands on help and the Media Portal 2 team says it is only provided through the forum. Just great I am so f**king frustrated with this. I have Spectrum Cable and I have their cable card inside my InfiniTV4 PCIE Tv Tuner card. Anyways I have installed the Media Portal 2.1 and now I can access the Live Tv but there are many unknown channels some come in as where I can see the Network channel icon or logo like MTV and KDFA which is a local channel. But before the bar on the far right was almost full which I guess it means that the signal is strong but when I clicked on the channel I couldn't watch it. A few hours later I went back into the live tv and now the bars to the far right are not as full as it was before as you can see in the pic I have provided. When I scan for channels, for the first tuner I scan for Clear QAM but I don't know what to scan for the QAM Tunning Frequency so I just choose the QAM Standard. So after it is done I hit ok to close it out and then again when I go into live tv I mostly get unknown channels like I have said earlier. And when I try to scan for digital cable channels,so I guess this means premium channels I subscribe to it dose nothing it give an error message.

Attachments

• Media Portal 2.1.PNG
      Media Portal 2.1.PNG
      2.5 MB
    • Limit Channels.PNG
      Limit Channels.PNG
      1.5 MB
    • Scanning For Channels.PNG
      Scanning For Channels.PNG
      255.4 KB
    Last edited:

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I have well over 800 channels and most of them it looks like they are unknown,but there is a red/orange T by the channels, what dose this mean. Because when I watch someone setup there Live Tv for Media Portal they went into the Tv server and they were getting rid of the duplicate channels and what not but there was a green T by his channels. What dose all this mean??

Attachments

• TV Channel Lineup.PNG
      TV Channel Lineup.PNG
      429.2 KB
    • Media Portal Tutorial.PNG
      Media Portal Tutorial.PNG
      770.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    there is a red/orange T by the channels, what dose this mean
    A channel with a red "T" is encrypted.
    there was a green T by his channels. What dose all this mean??
    A channel with a green "T" is not encrypted.

If you have a subscription to receive encrypted channels and have set up your tuners right, this did not matter at all. If you don't have a subscription you can remove all "red" channels because you can not receive them...
    More I can not help as I don't have any clue about ATSC, cable tuners and how to handle 35.000 :eek: channels. I have 60 not encrypted channels (by statellite) and most of them I don't need... 35.000 channels is completely insane imho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom