Cannot delete a recording after watching (1 Viewer)

tCC

Portal Pro
December 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
same config ? are you also running Windows 7 RTM ?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Nope (see My System Specs). Sorry, I replied to tourettes without studying the opening post. My fault.

Anyone else who can test?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If possible please test with some 3rd party codecs (audio & video). Maybe Windows 7 has some issue with the graph closing when MS codecs are used.

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    okay, will try the MP codecs (system restore rocks), but it worked before on 7, I think since the previous svn I got this problem.
    I hoped you could easily find some info in the logging

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had a problem in the past where the recordings wouldn't delete - I turned off thumbnail creation for recordings, and I could delete recordings - I think this was an issue with h.264 recordings

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just a quick update:

since I've changed EVR into VMR9 this problem does not occur anymore, now I am able to delete recordings right after I watched them.

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    bump, testing with MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-02-2009 00-14h - Revision:23294 for a couple of days now, bug is still there (switched back to EVR because I solved the no signal bug).

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    damn, that many MediaPortal users and the less help, blegh.

anyway, when I change the television video decoder to MPC - MPV Decoder Filter the problem is gone.

MPV Decoder Filter & MPA Decoder Filter:
    eurosport and animal planet have a frozen picture without sound but not have the delete recording bug.

Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder & Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder:
    watching channels is ok, but have the cannot delete recording bug.

Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder & MPA Decoder Filter:
    eurosport and animal planet have a frozen picture without sound and having the cannot delete recording bug

MPV Decoder Filter & Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder:
    watching channels is okay, not having the delete recording bug.

hope this helps to solve the bug, cause I like the Microsoft Video Decoder way more than MP's (scrolling textbars etc is not smooth at all with the MPV Decoder).

see the attached logs me trying to playback eurosport and animal planet with the MPA Decoder enabled.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Really weird issue, as for example I have been using at least a half a year the MS MPEG2 decoder in my HTPC without issues with the file deletion. Pretty odd that the issue is not happening on all PCs.

Unfortunately there are two things that makes it really hard to solve this issue:

• I cannot reproduce the issue
    • Even if I could reporduce the issue it wouldnät be possible to debug it as MS MPEG2 decoder is crashing on purpose when it detects a debugger attached to the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom