Cannot delete a recording after watching (1 Viewer)

cronqvist

Portal Member
September 22, 2008
Denmark
I have the excact same problem. When having watched a recording I cannot delete it because MediaPortal itself is locking the file.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I also have this problem (using latest SVN). I used the microsoft tool "process explorer" to watch my file handles for the recorded show.

When i start playing the recording two file handles are listed for that file. Both mediaportal.
When i stop playback, the two handles are still listed. When i restart playback, two more handles are listed. This continues until i stop mediaportal.

I am using the Microsoft codecs in Windows 7.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    When i start playing the recording two file handles are listed for that file. Both mediaportal.
    When i stop playback, the two handles are still listed. When i restart playback, two more handles are listed. This continues until i stop mediaportal.

Sounds a valid issue, but I cannot reproduce it. Can anyone else try to reproduce the issue and figure out what precondion triggers the file handle to be left open.

Also if you play a 2nd (different) file will that cause those two handles (from the 1st file) be left open?

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also if you play a 2nd (different) file will that cause those two handles (from the 1st file) be left open?

The answer is: Yes.

I will try to also debug this myself.

I Can't reproduce it entirely reliable but i noticed something in the code. In the BaseTSReaderPlayer the _filesource (and audiorenderer) is released but in the TSReaderPlayer (which overrides the behaviour) the filesource is not released but only set to null.

I copied the behaviour the release code for the filesource to TSReaderPlayer and now i cannot reproduce the issue anymore (tested 15 times or so), so this could be a solution. Does this make sense?

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for the info. Current SVN now has these added to TSReaderPlayer cleanup phase.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Does this now work fine for you?

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread