MP2 - Spring'16 Cannot Locate Recorded Radio Using the Client GUI. (1 Viewer)

TiVo

Portal Member
June 6, 2016
Fareham Hampshire UK
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have successfully recorded a few radio programs but they do not appear anywhere in the client for playing.
They are present on the file system and can be played using external applications.
If I use browse media from videohub there is no sign of the recordings.
I have invoked a "reimport media sources" from Media Sources Overview but I still cannot locate radio recordings.
The EPG method I use for these is WebEPG.
It would appear that the media files are stored in the root of the default recording folder - defined in the folders tab of the recording node of the treeview in TV Server Configuration.
Please see the screenshot of this structure.
upload_2016-7-4_22-25-36.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is not yet supported. The "Recordings" metadata extractor (MDE) only runs, if any of the basic extractors detected a valid item (Video here).

Now the problem is, that the Audio MDE doesn't support the ".ts" extension yet, so the basic detection is skipped (in contrast to .mp4 which is checked for both audio and video). This can be added easily.

But where should we display the recorded audio? By the described way it would appear inside the TV recordings section and inside Audio library.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the recordings should only appear in "recordings" in tv section in order to break not our logic, that they would not appear in "video" section. We could add the file type to the details and for example allow to filter by file type

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Wouldn't this be the right "moment" to think about separating TV and Radio? Also technical both are the same, from an user pov they aren't. I really would prefer something like a "SlimRadioClient", maybe bundled with the Webradio plugin. Either in "Audio" or with own section, own recordings, own schedules and own EPG.
    By the way, is the TV engine able to receive RDS signals? Something I really miss in Radio part.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But the question remains where to store the audio recordings then. When having the radio part in "audio" section, there could be also a "recording" in audio section. Automatically adding recordings to the other music files won't be good from my point of view.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wouldn't this be the right "moment" to think about separating TV and Radio? Also technical both are the same, from an user pov they aren't.
    I do quite a bit of recording of DVB-T radio using MP1 (and previously using WMC). Some points:

(1) WMC does not distinguish radio recordings from TV recordings -- they are stored in the same folder. Also, there is only one EPG, with the radio channels following the TV channels. (In the UK this happens by default, because the TV channels are 1-200, and the radio channels are 700-799.) (Aside: the MP1 design of separate radio and TV EPGs is used by some other STBs and DVRs, e.g. those made by Humax.)

(2) I find nothing awkward about having radio and TV combined in one folder or one EPG. With MP1, I have to navigate to a different folder in order to find the radio recording that I want to play. I would actually prefer it if radio and TV were in a single folder (i.e. the way that WMC does it). But I recognise that this is probably a personal preference -- others may think differently.

(3) The list of scheduled recordings (in WMC and MP1) shows both radio and TV. I think that this is necessary for those users who might not have enough tuners to satisfy their recording requests (and so need to see the totality of scheduled recordings to decide which ones to cancel).

(4) In MP1, because the radio EPG is separate from the TV EPG, the latter has been updated in the past (e.g. coloured EPG cells), while the former was forgotten :( (and so does not have coloured EPG cells). Separated EPGs. folders, and/or recording schedules, runs the risk of this happening with MP2 in the future, when some enhancement is made to one and not the other. :eek:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Radio is Music, TV is Video. This has nothing in common. Only the technical details are similar (up to identical). This is nothing I'm interested in, not a bit, if I'm talking from an user perspective. I'm not interested in TV at all when I want to listen to music and I also don't want to be bothered by Radio when I want to watch TV.

At 1. We are not WMC and I'm glad we aren't...

At 2. EPG for Radio is really annoying when I'm searching something on TV and vice versa... This simply is looking unfinished, half made not nice and clean. And it gives too much "false positives" while searching. That's why I've completely removed all Radio EPG from my system until this is separated. So Radio only is partial usable atm...

At 3. Here you have a good point. In schedules lists it can be useful, if someone wants to record radio a lot...

At 4. We are not MP1 and I'm glad we aren't...;)

TiVo

Portal Member
    June 6, 2016
    Fareham Hampshire UK
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    So as it stands, I cannot use MP2 to play recordings of radio programs - only schedule and record them?
    Am I better off junking MP2 and use MP1 instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom