Cannot Stream TV... Audio Codec (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium SP1
hey guys,
I've just been trying to set up a multiseat config for my htpc but it doesn't seem to be working. I can connect to the server on the clients using the server name, I can see the guide, recordsing etc... But when i try to watch anything I get an error message saying "Unable to play stream 1.0... Audio Codec:". I have tried every audio codec I have installed and still the same result. I disabled the firewall to make sure it wasn't that and still the same result... I managed to find this post:
Fehler am Client | Abspielen nicht möglich: stream 1.0 | Audio Codec - MediaPortal Forum
which seems to be the same problem as me but I had to get it translated via google to read it. It seems it was fixed by using the ip address of the server instead of the name which I have tried but that causes mp to crash. Hopefully someone can help me with this plz.
I posted the logs as well.
Chrz

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
ok I've now tried it on another client pc and the same error which makes me think that its the server... in both client logs this error occurs:
[ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:Failed to open file:rtsp://htpc/stream1.0 :0x80004005
[ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
Doing a quick search suggested something about changing the server ip address... anyone know how to do this plz

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

When you say that "I can see the guide, recordsing etc..." does this mean the GUI or even something in it? If you don't see anything in it you must make sure that the server has really started.

/tompa

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Same problem

I have the same problem. My client/server works perfect. However my other client will not play TV or recorded TV. Everything else is OK, ie movies, guide, photos, even music, but no tV.
    The error is-
    Unable to play: stream2.0
    Audio codec:

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sounds like you are using the config option: usertsp=no
    then you need the other options as well for that to tell the client where the shared files are, or share the root of the drives there the recordings and timeshift is.

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the assistance pellegj. I am not a very techy person. One of the great features of mediaportal is its user interface.

So I have found what I think you are talking about which should be in the mediaportal.xml file on the server PC. In my case there is no entry in there usertsp=no. So I am assuming that is not the reason.

Just for the record, I have installed on both PCs the latest version of mediaportal. The complication I may have made for myself is the timeshift is split over several drives. So I have three disks in my server PC - the system drive, a media drive and a film drive, I split the timeshifts of the cards over them. However my recordings are all in one folder. All the folders are networked shared. I was thinking that if it can see the recordings, I assume it knows where they are. Ie I am at the client and go to recorded TV it sees all of the programs, just will not play them.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It sounds like that might not be the problem for you after all. I got that exact message on my client when i had that option in my mediaportal.xml and had not shared the drives.
    By the way, usertsp option is not on the server PC, it's on the client.
    Open (for Vista) "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" and search for usertsp, if you find it, try to delete that line in the config file, if you don't find it, then I am out of ideas.

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I am on XP, but I did find the xml file, for some reason my search did not find it although I have show system files. Had a look in there and there was no usertsp. I did a couple of more installs including one after a complete full uninstall. I also did a single click install so I ended up with SQL and the server. But still same error.

You would (well I did) think it was a codec issue, but I took a recorded TV .ts file out of the record folder and put it in the MyVideo folder, still on the server, and it plays that ok,

SweVictor

Portal Member
    August 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On Windows XP, a probable cause is that the XP BDA fix is not installed. Try to install it, on the server as well, and maybe a MPEG2 codec (dont know if that is required though). Good luck!

/Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom