Cannot Stream TV... Audio Codec (1 Viewer)

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried this solution "changing the ip adress from auto to actual" this also solved my problem.

Att: LISS (and others) be aware that the settings are in the TV SERVER configuration NOT the Clien (mediaportal).

Thanks alot Pitcho!! :)

SimonP

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Deleted - I was having terrible problems with this but a complete re-install on all computers finally fixed it.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Me too, all of a sudden the clients could not connect, after a drop out of the network.

Specifying the IP address in the Streaming server solved it, thanks for the solution.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I think this one deals with an issue I have still got. I have tried all types of methods to get rid of my problem, but nothing yet has worked.

I have a Server/Client set up on my main PC with various client only PCs - either connected by ethernet or by wireless (my laptop). My wireless router and is connected to a switch that is connected to all my PCs.

I can usually watch TV on my client, no problem, until I sometimes get the error "unable to play stream 2.0". When this happens, I cannot watch TV on any of the clients, but the TV on the server/client is always fine.

The only way to get TV back on the clients is to re-boot the server/client and everything is fine until it happens again.

I have tried to work out why this happens and it seems to be something of a combination of my turning the client off at the plug and my turning off the switch (though this might just be coincidence) and this is somehow messing up my network when I turn everything back on.

Having read this thread, it seems that where I might be going wrong is in my streaming server settings where I have always used "Auto", under "IP address used by the Server for RTSP streaming". According to you guys, you seem to be changing this to an IP address and the problem seems to go away.

1. What IP address are using?
    2. How do I you change the auto section to the new IP address?

Thanks very much - this problem has been haunting me ever since I have been using mediaportal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom