Can't Assign EPG to Radio Channels (1 Viewer)

Spaceboy

Portal Member
August 22, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I receive my tv through dvb-s and so get all the FTA radio channels.

I get my EPG from XMLTV via Digiguide and it contains data for the radio channels.

However I can't see anyway of matching the two so that I can schedule recordings. In the XML tv plugin I can automatically and manually match the tv channels and have done this but I cannot get the radio channels in the guide to show up. I have checked the load radio channels box and left the channel filter as wide as possible but no radio channels show up.

The radio channels themselves do show in MP and I can listen to whats on. I can get DVB EPG but that only covers whats on at the minute, not helpful for scheduling recordings.

how can I assign xmltv epg to radio channels?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I cannot get the radio channels in the guide to show up.
    I have never used XMLTV, but one point occurs to me. Some devices (such as my Sony TV) have a single EPG, with the radio channels following the TV channels in the guide. So it is possible to scroll through both. But other devices have two EPGs, and keep the radio channels separate from the TV channels. MediaPortal is like this.

The "TV Guide" panel in MediaPortal shows only the TV channels. There is a separate "Radio Guide" panel that shows the radio channels. Is the problem that you are not looking in the right place? When you are in the radio section, the "Radio Guide" can be accessed from the left side menu (this may depend on which skin you are using).

I can get DVB EPG but that only covers whats on at the minute, not helpful for scheduling recordings.
    For satellite in the UK, there is a satellite radio channel that carries the EPG for both TV and radio. If you include this channel in the set of channels that you receive, you should be able to obtain the EPG in that way. I have never used satellite, but I think that the channel name is something like "Programme Info". The EPG received in this way will be different from the one received via XMLTV, and may as a consequence contain more information, or less information, so you might still prefer to use XMLTV.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Spaceboy

Portal Member
    August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    hey cybersimian, thanks for the reply! i'm sure I recognise your name from the green button! its been a while since I gave up on WMC...

So, yes the radio channels appear fine in MP, I understand they are split from the tv channels in MP. when I open radio channels I am presented with the list but I can choose the guide from the lefthand menu.

where I have the issue is in the xmltv plugin in the tvserver settings. here you can load the tv channels and automatically or manually assign the epg. there is a check box for "load radio channels" but as far as I can see it doesn't do anything. for me at least. there is a drop down which filters the channels listed, but the filters apply to tv channels only. perhaps i'm doing something wrong but it seemed straight forward!

I took my guidance from here XmlTv Plugin - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

I've tried a few times over different days but I cant see any change.

thanks!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    where I have the issue is in the xmltv plugin in the tvserver settings
    Unfortunately I have never used XMLTV, so I am unable to offer any suggestions as to what might be wrong. Perhaps someone else may be able to help?

Spaceboy

Portal Member
    August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Unfortunately I have never used XMLTV, so I am unable to offer any suggestions as to what might be wrong. Perhaps someone else may be able to help?

no problem mate.

is anyone more familiar with xmltv and able to tell me if it is working for radio channels?

this thread Radio EPG seemed like it was going to be helpful but the OP magically fixed it without much detail. to me it seems to be the drop down filters that are the problem, they only refer to the tv channel groupings not the radio channel groups

Spaceboy

Portal Member
    August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    also it may have been helpful to state that i'm on v1.15 of MediaPortal as I believe its the latest version that is compatible with the media server software I use. thanks!

Spaceboy

Portal Member
    August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    i tried deleting all radio channels and rescanning the tuners to pick them up again but no change. does anyone have this working?

Spaceboy

Portal Member
    August 22, 2014
    Home Country
    it seems that deleting and rescanning tuners did work, I just wasn't using the right filter. all radio channels in the guide with matched epg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom