Can't delete recordings after NAS died (1 Viewer)

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So my NAS died :-( I've lost all my TV recordings... Oh well...

I replaced it with a USB drive but it won't let me delete the old recordings from the MP interface. How I do this without hacking into MySQL? And if have to do it this way, what table(s) do I need to attack?

Thanks!

Jean-Marc

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So my NAS died
    :( :( :(
    Sorry to hear that!

but it won't let me delete the old recordings from the MP interface. How I do this without hacking into MySQL?
    If I recall correctly (currently at work), there should be a "clean up" option in the recordings section menu which enables removal of all recording entries which have been deleted on disk.

The wiki describes it here:
    Recorded TV

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks! But there were some new recordings on my replacement USB drive that I wanted to keep so I went the hard way and removed the records in the Recordings table in MySQL. Works just fine...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But there were some new recordings on my replacement USB drive that I wanted to keep so...
    :confused:
    That should not have stopped you from using the clean up function. As explained in the wiki, the "clean up" => "invalid recordings" option is intended to solve the exact problem you were facing.

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Haha I didn't go further than the first screen telling me that recordings will be deleted! Okay my bad... thanks anyway!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Haha I didn't go further than the first screen telling me that recordings will be deleted!
    The wording on that popup is very intimidating, implying that all of your recordings will be deleted. I have already suggested that the wording be changed, but the skin authors have to agree. This is the wording that I use on my modified version of the "DefaultWide" skin:

cleanup_popup.JPG

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom