• Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check you local host and add below. if not available yet
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    You can try the MS Loopback adapter as well, but honestly I've never used it before and can not tell more about it.
    Renaming the PC is also quite easy and without risk, give it a try.

Important: Whatever you do above, a reboot is needed and I think a reinstallation of MP2 as I described above.
    I really hope it helps.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    I'm about ready to give up on this. I'm wondering if there's a problem with my os (W10). I've attached that latest logs.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2024-03-10-11.12.08.zip
      174.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've attached that latest logs.
    The log file "SetupTv.log" shows this error:

Code:
    [2024-03-10 11:09:47,167] [92718  ] [SetupTv  ] [ERROR] - 
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.101:31456

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at TvControl.IController.get_Cards()
       at SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

So it would seem to be some sort of error with sockets, but I don't understand sockets so cannot suggest what needs fixing. Perhaps @ge2301 or @Brownard can recognise the error?

I'm wondering if there's a problem with my os (W10)
    In your first post you said that your system suddenly refused to record anything. If you did not make any changes to your system before discovering this problem, it suggests that it was a Windows 10 update that introduced the problem. So perhaps the next thing to try is to uninstall all Windows updates that were installed in (say) the last 4 weeks.

I have never uninstalled Windows updates, so I don't know how successful it is. But I would probably uninstall MP2 (again!), uninstall the Windows updates, and then install MP (either MP1 or MP2).

If MP now works, you will need to decide whether you are content to run your Windows 10 system without installing any future updates (including security updates). I run my Windows 7 HTPC that way, but I don't use it for general computing work (no web browsing, no email, no streaming video from the internet). I believe that there are various independent tools that can prevent Windows 10 installing updates.

I'm about ready to give up on this.
    If none of the above works, I would suggest trying NextPvr. It provides similar features to MP, and is also free for personal use. But I have a horrible suspicion that you will encounter precisely the same problem. However, NextPvr may provide a more-sensible error message that pin-points the problem and what needs to be fixed.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The error is same as before. I still see, that the connection to 192.168.1.101:31456 is failing. From my point of view it should be 127.0.0.1:31456, if server and client are on the same machine. But I do not know were this could be manually changed. in TVService.exe.config I can see
    XML:
            <channel ref="tcp server" port="31456" name="TvControl">
              <serverProviders>
                <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
              </serverProviders>
            </channel>
    so no option to change the IP address, just the port.

@MaccaHV
    It would be good to know what you have tried in last step. Several things were discussed, but maybe you have only tried a few suggestions.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    It would be good to know what you have tried in last step. Several things were discussed, but maybe you have only tried a few suggestions.

I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter.
    If none of the above works, I would suggest trying NextPvr.
    I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term solution (I already have VLC Media Player on my machine) is that for some weird reason NextPvr can't find two of the stations I sometimes record from. Same tuners, so god only knows why that has happened. I've tried scanning a number of times, doesn't find them. Just as well I've got a large back-log of recordings to work my way through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom