Cant import Movies that are not in an own Folder (1 Viewer)

flurfunk

Portal Pro
June 20, 2009
Viersen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, I installed the latest MP Version and added two Networkpaths for my MovieImport, it works fine but MovingPictures doesnt import files which have no own Folder.

Is there a solution for this problem? I dont want to create Folders because I have a lot of movies without an own folder...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Turn off 'Prefer Folder Name for Movie Matching' configuration in 'Importer Settings' tab.

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed it but it still doesnt work. Do I have to completly remove the MediaSource path and add it again or is there any chance to solve it without doing a complete new scan?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Movies might already be grouped, you can view file details inside movie details tab (inside MovPic config), or inside the importer settings (gear icon) you can unignore movies that were discarded.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not quite what you are asking but you could look at filebot.com or therenamer.com both will automatically rename your movie collection and sort into folders. I personally use filebot. Filebot also has an undo function and you can review is renaming history. I use \movies\title (year)\originalfilename.mkv

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As rochess said i think there is an option to treat movies within the same folder as a group. A grouped movie is like movie-cd1.avi movie-cd2.avi etc.

flurfunk

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2009
    Viersen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, that was the problem. All the movies were saved on one movie entry. So I sent it back to the importer and then they splitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom