Cant Install 0.7.409 (1 Viewer)

mre15

Portal Member
January 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I cant seem to get 0.7.409 to install on my one client. When the installation starts I get this:-

ERROR 1325 TVLOGOSDIR is not a valid short file name

this is followed by Error 1603, fatal error during installation consult windows installer help

Anyone have any ideas ?

Cheers.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mre15, do you currently have 0.6 installed and doing an upgrade?

Im wondering if the problem is a result of 0.6 and not 0.7...this may take a little investigating. If you have 0.6 installed can you try uninstalling that, I suspect you would get the same error message.

Damien

mre15

Portal Member
    January 9, 2009
    Home Country
    I did have 6 installed on a previous installation but that was removed when I change the pc from a standalone
    to a client. I uninstalled MP and streamedmp and did a new installed of MP in client only mode.

Ever since then I have had this error, whereas streamed mp is working perfect on my other 2 clients.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you get through the installation without error if you de-select the TV Logos in the Feature select dialog?

mre15

Portal Member
    January 9, 2009
    Home Country
    No, I have tried with and without and get the same result.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, can you try the following please:

1. Open regedit
    2. Select key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Installer/Products
    3. Invoke the menu and select Find...
    4. Find 'Streamed MP' ('look at' should have all values checked)

You will possibly get a result, where a GUID (long string of numbers and letters) will be selected. Can you backup this key by selecting 'File\Export'. Attach to this thread. Continue this for all keys found in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Installer/Products.

Now, since you have backed up the keys I want you to Delete them...be careful, only delete the keys-subkeys with the GUID. Try running Streamed MP installer again.

mre15

Portal Member
    January 9, 2009
    Home Country
    I tried this and still the same, however I have managed to fix it.

In searching on google to fix the problem I found mention of a tool called "Windows Install Cleanup"

I installed this and streamedmp 0.6 was in the list. I clicked to remove it and then the install went through fine.

Thanks for all the help, just glad its fixed now. Must have been an issue with the 0.6 uninstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom