[solved] Cant see all recorded programs (1 Viewer)

ajmo

Portal Member
December 13, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As a newcomer to MediaPortal I have installed MP 2.2.2. Ihave followed the setup guide and TV reception seems fine. I have set the recording folder to the default of c:\users\public\recorded tv.
I am able to schedule a recording and in trying to view it my troubles start because not all recordings appear in the UI. On further investigations the recordings that do appear in the UI are located in the above folder. But the ones that do not appear are located in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Recordings.
Simply moving files in the latter to the former location has no effect, presumbly because this location data is stored in the database. I find it hard to believe that this is a bug, so there must be something that I have missed. Any help welcome.
The environment is Win7, MP 2.2.2, Combined client/server install. Clean install of windows and MP as per profile.
Any help v.welcome.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Do you have more than one tuner? If yes, did you assign the same paths for recording and timeshifting to each tuner? There is a dropdown in the Config to do settings for each tuner. Alternatively click on the button to apply the same settings to all tuners.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Simply moving files in the latter to the former location has no effect,
    @HTPCSourcer has probably identified the original problem.

For the files in the wrong folder, after you have moved them to the right folder you need to start "TV Server Config" and use the "Database Import" tab to import the recordings into the database. See the last screen shot on this page in the Wiki: Recording . Note: remember to move the XML and JPG files, as well as the TS files.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajmo

Portal Member
    December 13, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks for suggestions. I believe I had set a single folder for all tuners, but i have reclicked it. I will test when the other issue is resolved.
    Regarding the wrong folders, if i simply move the files as suggested then they are NOT listed in the Import page. To make them appear I need to restart the server service, they then do appear on the import page and disappear when import clicked. However they still do not appear in the UI despite restarting the service again. BTW any config changes dont always flag up the need for a service restart - I am assuming that this is correct, but as a check i also restart the service through the

On occasion when i start the tv config, i get ann exception that a connection was refused trying to start the service - even though it is already started. Odd ?

I would appreciate any further suggestions..

Thank you.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On occasion when i start the tv config, i get ann exception that a connection was refused trying to start the service - even though it is already started
    In MP2 TV is not a service but a standard plugin that is based based on the MP1 TVServer service. Sometimes the plug-in is not correctly started and MP2 cannot communicate with it, hence the error message. In that case you need to restart the MP2 Server Service (or the complete PC). It can help to set the start type of the service to "delayed".

To make them appear I need to restart the server service, they then do appear on the import page and disappear when import clicked. However they still do not appear in the UI despite restarting the service again.
    Cybersymians's explanation describe what to do in MP1. MP2 works differently. File changes in shares are either recognized automatically if set up for it in the share settings (File Watcher), or upon a manually triggered reimport (also in the share settings).

but as a check i also restart the service through the
    Something is missing here... If you refer to 'TV Configuration' then the server restart option has no effect. Again this is simply an adjusted MP1 software and many options do nothing in MP2. Some changes in the config require the MP2 Server Service to be restarted.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    if i simply move the files as suggested then they are NOT listed in the Import page. To make them appear I need to restart the server service, they then do appear on the import page and disappear when import clicked. However they still do not appear in the UI despite restarting the service again.
    Apologies for providing the wrong information :(, and thanks to @HTPCSourcer for providing the right information (y). Yes, I use MP1, not MP2, and I was not aware of this difference between the two products :(.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajmo

Portal Member
    December 13, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks all comments.

Firstly to clear my confusion about HTPSourcerer's comments. Using the MMC snap-in i can see there is a mp2 server service. Is this the TV service referred to? I don't understand the statement "In MP2 TV is not a service but a standard plugin that is based based on the MP1 TVServer service" is this the foregoing? If not what process triggers it?

The exception occurs irrespective of the service status that i can see using the mmc snap-in.

I'll try the file watcher and report back.

Thanks again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the MMC snap-in i can see there is a mp2 server service. Is this the TV service referred to?
    No, there is no TVService in MP2 and you'll see no particular TV process.

The exception occurs irrespective of the service status that i can see using the mmc snap-in.
    Did you restart the MP2 Server service?

ajmo

Portal Member
    December 13, 2019
    Home Country
    OK I have manually imported the moved recordings and all seems well. Yes I did restart the MP2 Server Service and the exception still occurred, however i have not had it recently since opening this thread. For the 'missing' recording post that seems to be resolved thanks to your help. Suggest we close this thread. Thanks for everyone's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom