Can't see rate dialog in MPTVSeries v3.5.0 (1 Viewer)

CGT

Portal Pro
January 8, 2012
Hi,

since I have updated to version 3.5 I do not see the rate dialog after watching an episode. Additionally, I am not able to use the navigation keys after I have finished an episode. I can use the "Home" button to go to MPs main screen where I can use the keys again but the whole MP-TVSeries plugin won't work until I restart MP. Unchecking the rate dialog in configuration solves the problem.
I have attached a log file if you want to look into this bug. Feel free to get back to me, I am not sure if my problem description is very clear :-\

Anyways, thanks for a wonderful plugin :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

since I have updated to version 3.5 I do not see the rate dialog after watching an episode. Additionally, I am not able to use the navigation keys after I have finished an episode. I can use the "Home" button to go to MPs main screen where I can use the keys again but the whole MP-TVSeries plugin won't work until I restart MP. Unchecking the rate dialog in configuration solves the problem.
    I have attached a log file if you want to look into this bug. Feel free to get back to me, I am not sure if my problem description is very clear :-\

Anyways, thanks for a wonderful plugin :)

You should wait for MP 1.4.0 to use this TVSeries release. Control togglebutton was removed (completely for MP 1.4.0) and replaced by control checkbutton/checkmark in the plugin. This also needs a skin update. :)

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    But isn't 1.4 quite a while away? Also, the first post of this thread says 1.3 is recommended:

Supported Platforms
    • MediaPortal 1.4
    • MediaPortal 1.3 (Recommended)
    • MediaPortal 1.2
    • MediaPortal 1.1

Should I downgrade now?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know any skin which is MP 1.4.0 compatible yet.

See also this note in first post:
    WARNING!!! Please be careful as skins need to be updated to fully support the new release. Skinners please read the release notes carefully to ensure you update all skin files ie. Fanart Chooser, Playlist Window and Rate Dialog.

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Ok, I thought "skin" only applies to the graphics of the plugin and that the warning is for people creating those...
    I thought I am fine if I install an update which is shown in the Extension Installer :(
    Do you recommend a downgrade as more errors are to be expected? And how do I do this?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You dont need to wait until MediaPortal 1.4, however skins need updating to support this version with MediaPortal 1.3.

Checkbutton control has been around since MediaPortal 1.2 and the skin changes are very trivial so shouldn't be a problem for the active skinners.

I know as of today Default, DefaultWide and StreamedMP support this version with MediaPortal 1.3 as im sure others will be soon!

scoot13

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I appreciate the info in this thread. I saw the same behavior and was searching for an answer. I'll roll back or try another skin, I was using Titan also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom