Cant start Client (1 Viewer)

stormer

Portal Member
January 24, 2005
stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
yep, same result here. used todays svn. the tv-virtual-NIC has a strange ip adress 0.1.0.4 but I dont know if I should edit it...

deebo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
have the same problem over network, remote media portals error log says it cant connect to "myhtpc/SQLSERVER", if i try to change it to 192.168.0.4 or 192.168.0.4/SQLSERVER not even the tvserver setup program can connect to the sqlserver

deebo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
now it got it to work, my sqlserver installation was borked somehow

i reinstalled and made sure that remote connections are allowed (not allowed by default)

and now i cant watch the "default" channel across the network, changing channel makes the client lock up, even tho the serversetup "manual control" page changes channel and starts timishifting

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now it works!!!
    I have tried all version of TV server since start without any luck. But to night with Rev11389 it works just perfect with VLC on the same PC.
    I will check with VLC over LAN tomorrow, and then the Client.
    Im so happy right now...

classico

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Don't forget to start both the SQL Browser and SQL Engine on the server!

I had problems watching tv on my laptop (client). Then I saw in the wiki that you have to enable both the SQL engine and the SQL Browser - now it works like a charm.

I have not changed anything else.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It works over LAN with both VLC and Client now!!!

Don't forget to start both the SQL Browser and SQL Engine on the server!
    Thats right, they have been started (almost) all the time, so that was not my (only) problem. Something must have happend with the server(?).

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    my problem was that sql browser service was not started, it is *not* started automatically after install! in other words need to be both enabled and started manually the first time.
    Now my problem is with encrypted channels and client, crashes, looses stream etc, one other thing that is quite annoying, when resizing client window, it uses 'forever' to update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom