Can't start TV (Blackgold DVB-T tuner card) (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.10.0 (just upgraded from 1.7.1)
MediaPortal Version: As above
MediaPortal Skin: Titan
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240e
HDD: 500 mb
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard: Asus M4A785D-M PRO
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Video Card Driver: 8.970.100.7000
Sound Card: Onboard
1. TV Card: Blackgold DVB-T2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 8.1.0.0

I just tried using the TV service for the first time in several months, but got an "Unknown error has occurred" a few seconds after selecting a TV channel in MP (I was running MP 1.7.1 hotfix). I then tried opening Windows Media Centre and it seemed to have no problems accessing the tuner, so it seems that there's no problem with the tuner hardware. I tried going into TV Config and re-scanned the channels (it seemed to find plenty), but still got the "unknown error" whenever I selected a channel (after stopping and starting the TV service)

I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to MP 1.10, so stopped the TV Service, downloaded and performed the ugrade, then tried to use the TV service again, This time I was unable to turn the TV tuner on at all - clicking on the "TV On" button just beeps and doesn't do anything. I've attached logs from the TV service.

Any ideas??

Attachments

• tvlog2.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 85

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello itm

The log files don't show any problems... but they're also incomplete (no MediaPortal logs or settings) and don't show any tune attempts.
    Please use the watchdog tool with option 1 or 2 to reproduce the problem:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Use the watchdog to start MP.
    Try to start TV a few times.
    Close MP.
    Attach the zip file that the watchdog creates.

Thanks,
    mm

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag

You're trying to turn TV on without having selected a channel. That won't work. Select a channel from either the full or mini-guide.
    [2015-03-24 20:55:03,226] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): channel==null

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Doh! The upgrade wiped my channels and I hadn't noticed (is that expected behaviour?). Anyway I can now access the TV channels - many thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC according to the OP. I do not see why it should not work with MP, I am using its successor the TBS 6281-SE which works well with both MP1 and MP2 but I only have OTA DVBT2, no DVBT any more. Which version of MP...
    The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC...
    I am trying to set up the latest version of Mediaportal 2 using Windows 10 Home I have a TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 card with the latest...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS und tcpip.sys in stacktrace) but that seamed related to my network card: after installing the driver from the mainboard website, it runs stable. I'm still surprised that the power delivered by the PCIe...
    I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS...
    Hello I'm searching a PCIe DVB-S2 tv card. In 2018/2019, I already tried three cards: TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCIe Dual 2x interne...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Is this a correct connection? The name from the Server PC is "MediaPortal-Server" and from the Client PC is "Wohnzimmer-Client". And this is a screenshot from the ServiceMonitor from the Server. This looks very confused to me. I thought the the System always must be "MediaPortal-Server". It always takes some time until the...
    Is this a correct connection? The name from the Server PC is "MediaPortal-Server" and from the Client PC is "Wohnzimmer-Client"...
    Hello, now i builded my new setup and installed the Server and the new client. But now the TV Service won't start. Under the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom